Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Panhandle?

Feedback Score

Florida Panhandle?

I'm in the Panama City area. Anyone else in the area from Pensacola to Tallahassee?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I'm up here in Crestview.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    i'll be relocating to Eglin here in 7 months. good to see theres people in the area, didnt see much for gun stores or indoor/outdoor ranges in my google searches

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GotAmmo View Post
    i'll be relocating to Eglin here in 7 months. good to see theres people in the area, didnt see much for gun stores or indoor/outdoor ranges in my google searches

The two "big" stores in the area are Jay's in Crestview and Jimmie's in Ft. Walton. IMHO, Patriot Arms in Ft. Walton is the best in the area along with Trade Winds Pawn in Gulf Breeze. For ranges; Shoal River Sporting clays in Crestview, Jay's in Baker and the Hurlburt Gun Club are the closest. I'm a member at Shoal River, but usually shoot with friends at the Pensacola Rifle and Pistol club if I want to do anything more than stand up bullseye type shooting. I haven't shot at Jay's since he took it over two years ago. I used to shoot out there weekly when the previous owner had it. I just never went back after it was closed for a few months. I used to belong to the Hurlburt gun club and let my membership expire. It wasn't my cup of tea, but the ranges are nice.

ETA: If you need anything when you get down here let me know. I'll be retiring about then and hopefully will have plenty of time on my hands for a little while.
    Last edited by Don Robison; 06-06-10 at 20:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by donr101395 View Post
    I'm up here in Crestview.
    I make it out to Shoal River at least once a month. I do a good bit of sporting clays up there. The owner lets me pick up brass at the pistol / rifle range for $1 / lb, so that's enough reason alone for me to make the drive. About half of the brass is LC. I do take my AR up there every once in a while, but I'm not a huge fan of the rifle range since it's sloped downhill.

I do all of my other shooting here in Bay county on private property.

I'll have to advise against Jays in Panama City. They've never been very nice to deal with. Prices are high for the area.
    Last edited by dew4au; 06-07-10 at 16:44.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dew4au View Post
    I make it out to Shoal River at least once a month. I do a good bit of sporting clays up there. The owner lets me pick up brass at the pistol / rifle range for $1 / lb, so that's enough reason alone for me to make the drive. About half of the brass is LC. I do take my AR up there every once in a while, but I'm not a huge fan of the rifle range since it's sloped downhill.

I do all of my other shooting here in Bay county on private property.

I'll have to advise against Jays in Panama City. They've never been very nice to deal with. Prices are high for the area.

I'm a member at Shoal River as well. It's about 4 miles south of me. I don't shoot there much, because of the rifle range, but it's good enough to zero on. I usually shoot in P'Cola or my yard, but it's getting more populated out here so I've cut way back on shooting in the yard.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Crestview/Niceville here...

Feedback Score
    Fort Walton area.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Fort Walton area.
    Where do you get your range time in FWB? Know of any stores with decent reloading component prices?

Feedback Score
    All the ranges seem to be an hour away, unless I go to Hurlburt. As for reloading, I haven't bought anything local yet but Jimmy's has reloading stuff and there is a new place Ranger something.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast