Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Panhandle?

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Not sure how great the prices are there because I don't reload, but Ranger Firearms on Hospital Road (at SR189) seems to be focused on reloading.

Feedback Score
    I'm in Crestview as well. All the Jays stores are high priced! Jimmy's has great deals for Mil/LEO on Glocks, S&W, Beretta. Nick at Patriot Arms is the only reasonable dude for accepting transfers. Most of his stuff are consignment guns though. Panhandle Shooting Sports in Crestview is decent. Shoal River and Hurlburt's range rules are retarded. The "rifle tubes" at Shoal River really suck! I haven't shot Jay's in Baker since it was Guns4U and rapid/auto fire was ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by donr101395 View Post
    The two "big" stores in the area are Jay's in Crestview and Jimmie's in Ft. Walton. IMHO, Patriot Arms in Ft. Walton is the best in the area along with Trade Winds Pawn in Gulf Breeze. For ranges; Shoal River Sporting clays in Crestview, Jay's in Baker and the Hurlburt Gun Club are the closest. I'm a member at Shoal River, but usually shoot with friends at the Pensacola Rifle and Pistol club if I want to do anything more than stand up bullseye type shooting. I haven't shot at Jay's since he took it over two years ago. I used to shoot out there weekly when the previous owner had it. I just never went back after it was closed for a few months. I used to belong to the Hurlburt gun club and let my membership expire. It wasn't my cup of tea, but the ranges are nice.

ETA: If you need anything when you get down here let me know. I'll be retiring about then and hopefully will have plenty of time on my hands for a little while.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My home is in P'cola
    Jays is WAY OVER PRICED. $80 bucks for a air soft a2 rear sight. Tradewinds is great. Miles is doing transfers for 35 bucks.
    Last edited by bradb55; 01-08-11 at 23:02.
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How would you guys like to do a range day??? Quintette shooting range isn't to bad. But thats a drive for the Bay County boys.
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    i will be moving to Eglin from Washington State in Oct. Looking at Crestview or Niceville for a house. Good idea? JSF here I come

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Predator View Post
    I'm in Crestview as well. All the Jays stores are high priced! Jimmy's has great deals for Mil/LEO on Glocks, S&W, Beretta. Nick at Patriot Arms is the only reasonable dude for accepting transfers. Most of his stuff are consignment guns though. Panhandle Shooting Sports in Crestview is decent. Shoal River and Hurlburt's range rules are retarded. The "rifle tubes" at Shoal River really suck! I haven't shot Jay's in Baker since it was Guns4U and rapid/auto fire was ok.

Yea, I haven't bought anything from anywhere other than Nick at Patriot Arms or Miles out at Tradewinds in a long time. I was just in Panhandle today; it just doesn't trip my trigger.(no pun intended) I've been a member of the Hurlburt range off and on for 20 years and every time I decide to "give it another chance"; not a thing had changed as far as mentality, so I finally just gave up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bradb55 View Post
    How would you guys like to do a range day??? Quintette shooting range isn't to bad. But thats a drive for the Bay County boys.
    I've never shot out there, but wouldn't be opposed to it.

Quote Originally Posted by kyleskaggs View Post
    i will be moving to Eglin from Washington State in Oct. Looking at Crestview or Niceville for a house. Good idea? JSF here I come
    There are quite a few houses in either place at a reasonable price compared to a few years ago. I live in Crestview because I got more for my money and like the isolation. I'm actually about 20 minutes outside of town.
    Are you coming from Spokane or Tacoma? I spent 3 years in Spokane back in the 80's. Loved it; sometimes still miss it.

Feedback Score
    Dew I'm outside of PC in Wewahitchka,got a great range up in Altha with a 600yard range,100x175 360degree range with shoot house and a pistol range.They will have a Haji MOUNT facility coming soon with some other ranges in the future.

Its not open to the public but I can set up a date with the training ops. guy "he's a good friend" and we can have a day to shoot for us locals.

Feedback Score
    Crawfordville denizen here.. Just south of Tallahassee.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbone View Post
    Dew I'm outside of PC in Wewahitchka,got a great range up in Altha with a 600yard range,100x175 360degree range with shoot house and a pistol range.They will have a Haji MOUNT facility coming soon with some other ranges in the future.

Its not open to the public but I can set up a date with the training ops. guy "he's a good friend" and we can have a day to shoot for us locals.
    I had no idea that kind of range existed in Altha! Surely it's not for Calhoun County SO. Since my original posting I've joined the Gulf Rifle Club in Port St. Joe. Rifle ranges of 50, 100, 200, and 300 yards. Pistol ranges of 25, and 50 yards. Nice to have for rifle zeroing and load development, but a pain in the butt to do anything but bunch shooting. Anything other than bench shooting requires me to show up at odd hours when no one would be expected at the range.

I really enjoy being a member, but FDOT is widening 71 by the range and the new right of way will cut through our pistol range.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    when home in the states, I'm in Tallahassee

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast