Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Shooters

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Kudos to HuldraArms and Dave-HuldraArms for their work on the upcoming Mills Fleet Farm Shooting and Archery center in Brainerd/Baxter. Seems to me to be a better use of the building than the bowling alley that was there before. I'm only on the outside looking in but I'm excited to have a state-of-the-art 50 yard indoor shooting range 15 minutes from my house. Hopefully this will allow Dave to start running some additional training courses by taking Minnesota winter weather out of the equation. I can only imagine what this will do to my annual ammo budget.

The Progressive Peoples Welfare Republic of Minnesota
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quiet here?

Hey folks,
    I am a new M4C member and a very active shooter/builder/reloader in the south metro.

I'd like to put a feeler out to see what kind of activities might be available to us in the south metro area.
    Some thoughts/questions:

Has anyone attended any classes at Sealed Mindset? I was just made aware of them as they are donating some instruction to a charity auction that a friend is organizing. Any thoughts on the value of there offerings are welcome.

Does anyone know of any long-range shooting opportunity within an hour of the south metro?
    I used to be about to get out to 600yds with the AR-10 in 7mm-08, which was great practice. Unfortunately my buddy's dad just built a house right in the middle. I have 6.5 Grendel and 338LM projects planned and I'd sure like to be able to stretch it out. In fact I owned a 338 and sold it due to lack of opportunity to 1000 or beyond.

Lastly, how realistic do you think it might be to form a "club" of some sort to allow people to share the burden of a location and steel targets perhaps? I'm semi-actively looking for an accommodating landowner that might be interested in a lease.

Take care, and be sure to write your state rep this week. We are NOT New York, Chicago, California, or DC and we don't want to be!
    Last edited by maindish; 02-04-13 at 01:19.

Feedback Score
    Caribou Gun club is about an hour south of town, and they have 600yds advertised. It's kind of a pain to shoot there though, since all the ranges shoot from the same bench, so you have to cease fire and wait for people to walk out and back if they're doing long distance and you're not. My buddy shoots down there often, and says mid-week he's often there alone. The one time I was there, there was at least 10 people, so it was a bit more of an ordeal to be doing zeroing without a spotting scope.

Then there's Harris an hour north which goes up to 1K, but I've never shot there.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    In case you're not aware, Minnesota Gun Talk is a reasonably good forum with lots of resources for Minnesota shooters.

http://www.mnguntalk.com/

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks fellas, I'll get involved in that.
    I didn't know anything about either of those ranges before.

Write your legislators today!

Feedback Score
    I'm also in the cities as well. I tend to try and do my training in the winter just to get to go someplace warm and shoot.

I'm a member at GRRC in Harris (about an hour north) and shoot a lot of handgun indoor at Burnsville pistol range in the winter (though this year had to deal with Bill's more than I'd like because of the fire at bvpistol).

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevN View Post
    I'm also in the cities as well. I tend to try and do my training in the winter just to get to go someplace warm and shoot.

I'm a member at GRRC in Harris (about an hour north) and shoot a lot of handgun indoor at Burnsville pistol range in the winter (though this year had to deal with Bill's more than I'd like because of the fire at bvpistol).
    I tried to find info on the Harris range online with no success. Could you point me in the right direction?

Btw, I live about 1.5mi from BPR, but I confess that I went to the evil empire (price Gouger Mountain) during the fire rebuild. I can't stand to shoot rifle indoors at 47yd though. I suppose I could maybe practice instinctive shooting with a 10/22 or something.

Feedback Score
    Rifle range harris mn pulls up: https://www.facebook.com/grrcfb

Google only works if you use it.

Feedback Score

Minnesota Shooters

Quote Originally Posted by maindish View Post
    I tried to find info on the Harris range online with no success. Could you point me in the right direction?

Btw, I live about 1.5mi from BPR, but I confess that I went to the evil empire (price Gouger Mountain) during the fire rebuild. I can't stand to shoot rifle indoors at 47yd though. I suppose I could maybe practice instinctive shooting with a 10/22 or something.
    Grrc.org is the website.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FJ540MN View Post
    Rifle range harris mn pulls up: https://www.facebook.com/grrcfb

Google only works if you use it.
    That's true, but Bing is perhaps more consistent in that it doesn't work whether or not you use it.

I'm defaulted to Bing on my work PC and too lazy to change it. And no, GRRG did not come up.
    I just got results for Bullseye Range and Self Storage- what a handy combo! Is it just a traditional indoor pistol range?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast