Thread: Colorado?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Colorado?

Anyone out there?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Wish I was.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score

Yes...

Yep, whats up?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Happily, yes...

Yep, I'm here!
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sometimes...which stinks because that is where my house is

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Although I am presently in Utah, I spend enough time at the parents house in Colorado Springs/Monument and I was born and raised there so I am a "greenie" at heart.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Any coloradoans know of...

Anyone know of a good free/cheap range near Denver that isn't too far, or too crowded? I live just south of Denver near Littleton. I will be sure to clean up meticulously and be respectible of others. If someone knows of a private place that requires memebership fees I would be interested int hat as well, but only if the fees are reasonable and it is close enough. I am a lone shooter so if you are worried I will bring a gang of guys, I won't, and I will however keep the spot clandestine if you wish it of me; I just want a good place to shoot that isn't so busy and expensaive, and doesn't have abbrassive people running their mouths constantly, shooting for me is relaxation and training time, not a time to argue with a range officer aboutmy specific shooting style. I shoot how I shoot and am not looking for instruction, I would seek that out if I wanted it; I want a nice laid back place to shoot where people don't run their mouths and just let people be. I shoot pistol rifle and shotty. I'm looking for ranges more off the beaten path.
    Any help is much appreciated!
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    There is a "range" out near Pine Junction/Buffalo Creek that I go to when I visit Colorado. Looking at the satellite view on Google maps I believe the GPS coords are: 39.329805,-105.251503

It was open when I went there last July.

It is about 75 yards, good for pistol and short range carbine practice.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks

Marshalldodge:
    Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. Just an open range? Any fees or anything like that?
    Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    Marshalldodge:
    Thanks for the info, I'll check it out. Just an open range? Any fees or anything like that?
    Thanks again.
    There is little gravel road off of the main road that leads to an open area about 400 yards in. I believe the area is BLM land. There are no fees or range officers and you will probably be sharing it with other folks so you will have to call your own cease fire, etc.

It has a really good backstop (side of a big hill) but other than that you are on your own and will have to bring your own target stands, targets, shooting bench, etc. You can bring pretty much whatever you want to shoot at but please clean up when you are done. I hate walking through broken glass, or any other junk that the previous shooter left behind, when trying to setup a target.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast