Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado?

Feedback Score
    South of Pine Junction offers a multitude of good spots, one in particular that my buddies and I enjoy quite a bit. Though this weekend we weren't the only ones with that opinion and had to find another spot.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    How in the world does anyone get into a MagPul class in Colorado. I've been watching the schedule for almost a year and they are listed as Full as soon as they pop up.

I'm taking a class from Front Range Training and Consulting. They are retired SF guys that do training for SWAT teams and SF units. They have just started offering civilian classes. Here's there "pro" website...

http://www.frontrangetraining.com/

Here's their civilian side...

http://www.coloccw.com/

I'm taking the Defensive Rifle class on Sept 25th. If anyone has any info about these guys please pass it along. If I get time, I'll do an AAR to post it up here.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

GABF & Beer week!

So it's the second day of Beer week in Denver and the GABF kicks off Thursday. Hope anyone who wants to go has tickets; because they sold out months ago.
    GABF is an amazing world class beer event (The largest beer event in the world with more beer under one roof than any other event) that is held every year at the convention center in downtown Denver; it is liquid poetry in motion and should be attended at least once by every true beer enthusiast.

This is my tenth year and I am just excited as I can be about it.

There are hundreds; yes hundreds of beer related events in Denver and the surrounding area all this week. Chekc one or more out if you love beer. THe food/beer pairings are sure to be fit for the most descriminating epicurist.

Check out:
    http://www.denver.org/denverbeerfest/
    and
    http://www.greatamericanbeerfestival.com/
    for more info and event listings.

Happy beer week!
    Sláinte

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonh View Post
    How in the world does anyone get into a MagPul class in Colorado. I've been watching the schedule for almost a year and they are listed as Full as soon as they pop up.

I'm taking a class from Front Range Training and Consulting. They are retired SF guys that do training for SWAT teams and SF units. They have just started offering civilian classes. Here's there "pro" website...

http://www.frontrangetraining.com/

Here's their civilian side...

http://www.coloccw.com/

I'm taking the Defensive Rifle class on Sept 25th. If anyone has any info about these guys please pass it along. If I get time, I'll do an AAR to post it up here.
    The day you posted this; was the final day of the magpul carbine 1 class in Pueblo. I belive the clkass was not quite full; as I was given a chance to sign up when others dropped out. I guess get on the Magpul site or call them often to see if there are openings/drop outs. I was gonna take someones place in the class over labor day, but I had to go out of town for work. They are hard to get in to, but worth it so just stay on top of them and you will get in to a class eventually.

Feedback Score

GABF

Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    GABF is an amazing world class beer event (The largest beer event in the world with more beer under one roof than any other event) that is held every year at the convention center in downtown Denver; it is liquid poetry in motion and should be attended at least once by every true beer enthusiast.

This is my tenth year and I am just excited as I can be about it.
    I, too, am excited! This'll be my 4th year, hopefully with many more in the future. There's way too much to experience in just one night.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
    I, too, am excited! This'll be my 4th year, hopefully with many more in the future. There's way too much to experience in just one night.
    The wife and I did all four sessions one year (ouch!); we were brain-dead for about a week after that. Now we just do the members only session.

About a month before GABF, I start feeling like a yound lad awaiting the opening of the newest candy shop in town

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    The wife and I did all four sessions one year (ouch!); we were brain-dead for about a week after that. Now we just do the members only session.

About a month before GABF, I start feeling like a yound lad awaiting the opening of the newest candy shop in town
    All four?!? I'm still a young lad but don't think I could do that anymore. I would like to do the members only session, but holding off until I can convince some friends to join with me. Kid in a candy store is what it felt like to step onto that floor for the first time.

Feedback Score

FNG here

transplant from S Fla now in Western CO. Lots of great places to shoot out here.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Smile

It is fall, and I absolutely love it. Nice cool evenings/mornings with beautifully warm colorful days in between. Fall is always the opening of my brewing season (I brew all year round, but fall-winter is when I get 90% of it done; due to temperature issues whilst fermenting) and I have been busy as hell this year with all the different brews, wines, meads, ciders, and what not I have fermenting/brewing/plans for.

Great time to go shooting as well, nice crisp clean air and less people out and about than usual.

I love fall in the Rockies so much.

Feedback Score

Brewing!

I agree, though now that I can't afford to run up to Winter Park every weekend I look forward to the snow a bit less . Brewing does ease that pain though, or maybe its the products of that activity that do the trick!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast