Thread: Best Lower to Build on....

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Best Lower to Build on....

What lower receiver is the best to start a project on? Will DPMS/Armalite/Eagle all swap between each other like a .223 AR will do? I was thinking about buying a complete lower and then piecing the upper together as time and money allow.

Feedback Score
    No, they're not interchangeable. Only the Armalite late model AR10 and Eagle lowers will interchange.

I myself would go with the DPMS. Their AR15's are questionable, but their 308's seem to be a home run. In addition, they use SR25 and original AR10 magazines (not M14 converts) which were made specifically for the 308 AR platform, and have little to no reliability issues.

The DPMS rifles don't seem to have any reliability issues (unless the factory goofs), they're dirt cheap, and they're extremely accurate. In my opinion, these rifles are currently one of the biggest sleepers through out the firearms industry.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I am quite a fan of the Sabre Defense Industries lower myself. I just ordered another one and a lower parts kit. It went together easy as can be and I ran right around 800 rounds through it in a carbine class and everything was just fine.

Feedback Score
    SDI makes a .308 lower? Armalite / Eagle pattern or DPMS?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Sorry, didn't realize I was in the big bore forum.

Good n00b first post, eh?