Thread: LE 6920 vs S&W 15T

Feedback Score

LE 6920 vs S&W 15T

New to this game and am looking to by one or the other which one would you guys get and why?I guess I am starting to get lost in the chart and what really works.

Will be using for a little coyote hunting under 200 yards and a home defense rifle.

Thank You
    Jason
    Last edited by DonJose; 06-11-10 at 21:54.

Feedback Score
    31 (97%)
    Almost to a man, everyone is going to say the Colt. That being said, for what you're using it for find the one you like and get the best deal. I have a M&P15T and while it doesn't have a few items like M4 ramps it has been reliable. What type of budget did you have? Were you thinking a new gun or a used one? I managed to pick up a 15T online for 800 bucks in like new condition so if the deal is right....

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    SW makes a pretty good gun but pure technicality wise the edge goes to Colt. Id also look at BCM, and they are about to come out with complete rifles. I say that because generally a mid length is preferred over a carbine, and Colt doesn't make a mid length. Search some, and read about why a mid length is preferred...BCM is on par with Colt quality wise.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    New M&P15s have M4 feedramps.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejg View Post
    New M&P15s have M4 feedramps.
    I have both a 6920 and a 15T. Both have M4 ramps. My 15T's barrel is also marked 1/7 and 5.56 (runs m193 fine). I use the 6920 as a duty carbine, and the 15T as an HD gun. Either is fine for coyote and small game, and I feel comfortable defending myself with both.

Edge still to the Colt. S&W is good; they make good products and their CS is awesome, but Colt's just been at it longer. As you'll read elsewhere, BCM is also Good To Go.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    31 (97%)
    Agreed that the new 15T's have them, but some of the early versions, both out of house and in house did not. The 1:7 twist is very new to the Smith rifles. Either way both rifles are good just depends on budget. Like others said, look at BCM and Daniel Defense.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the info I guess I will think about this for a few more days

Jason

Feedback Score
    In no particular order,

Colt
    Daniel Defense
    Bravo Company
    Noveske
    LaRue

That pretty much covers expensive to reasonably priced and all finish ahead of S&W, IMO.

Feedback Score
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=47871

Little reading for you. Good luck.

Ky Cop