Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Viking Tactics Battle belt? (AKA: VTAC BROKOS BELT)

Feedback Score

Viking Tactics Battle belt? (AKA: VTAC BROKOS BELT)

I'm going to assume its new since there is a pre-order on the website. Anyone have any info on it? I like the idea of being able to thread the inner belt for those items that aren't MOLLE.
    VTAC Brokos Belt
    Last edited by CENTCOM_Survivor; 06-13-10 at 07:38.
    As required: "I work for ITS Tactical as an editor".

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I just ran this belt along with the VTAC Operator Cobra Rigger's belt at the Pat Rogers 4 Day shoot house course. I had previously worn it for a 2 Day Basic Carbine class with Redback One/Jason Falla.

The last few years I've been running an Eagle Duty Belt with FB mag pouches (AR and pistol), a Safariland 6004 mounted directly to the belt, Eagle SAS Dump pouch on the 6 o'clock position and a Diamondback Tactical SSE pouch at about the 7 o'clock position.

It has worked extremely well, the only negatives are that the belt can shift around (I don't wear keepers) and the weight of the belt can eventually take a toll on my hips.

I'd looked in to the BFG SOC-C belt, the ATS War Belt, Eagle MOLLE Belt and even briefly considered the Crye Blast belt but didn't like how the all MOLLE platforms would require a drop leg holster or some sort of MOLLE adapter for the holster.

When I saw this on the VTAC site I was intrigued. The concept of being able to run a rigger's belt vs. a duty belt would save some bulk and also allow me to have MOLLE pouches but retain the ability to use normal belt mounted accessories.

I ordered one up along with the Cobra Rigger's Belt since I didn't want to have to thread the belt end every time I took the belt on and off.

The inside mesh definitely works well, the width and slight padding help to disperse the weight so the belt doesn't bite in to your hips.

The PALS webbing made it easy to attach the Fastmags to the VTAC sleeve, I like the Fastmags since they're a lit bit lower profile and dry out a lot faster when wet. Haven't had any problems with retention in my limited use of them. I picked up the EAG Dump pouch this week and mounted it to the PALS webbing as a stopgap measure but will mount it directly to the belt when I get the chance.

The only negative I've had so far is that the inner Cobra Rigger's belt is a size large, I recently taped at 36" on my waist so in order to have the belt on through the sleeve and over the trousers and be able to bring the free running end back to attach to the velcro on the Rigger's belt I'll need to bump up to an XL Cobra Rigger's Belt- or lose weight...

I picked up the VTAC Thumbdrive holster and it feels a lot more secure to the belt than my Safariland did, the Safariland wasn't as snug and it would sometimes lift up the belt when I was doing a really fast draw. The quality of the 5.11/Blade-tech holster doesn't seem to be as durable as the 6004. The thumbdrive release mechanism works well but definitely is an adjustment from the bale on the 6004- I figure that's just a training issue so I'm not too concerned about it.

Quality is as is good as anything else I've owned from all the reputable nylon manufacturers and delivery time from Melynda at VTAC was fast (it actually showed both items on backorder when I placed my order online).

i just need to add a pistol mag, hand held light and possibly a CGT pouch to make it complete.

Feedback Score
    Nice setup, thanks for the reply.
    As required: "I work for ITS Tactical as an editor".

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Thanks for the info. Treehopr. I just placed an order for on at SKD Tactical and going to use it on the next ITTS Defensive Handgun course.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. for the info. Looks nice.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treehopr View Post
    I'd looked in to the BFG SOC-C belt, the ATS War Belt, Eagle MOLLE Belt and even briefly considered the Crye Blast belt but didn't like how the all MOLLE platforms would require a drop leg holster or some sort of MOLLE adapter for the holster.
    The ATS and BFG have slits in the bottom of the sleeve that allow a holster to be attached to the inner belt with a drop adapter or the 6004 strap.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Okay guys, help me out here.... I think I like the concept of these type of belt systems, but I have ZERO experience with them. I have a couple of questions....

Do you wear a separate belt as you normally would, underneath looped thru your pants belt loops in-conjunction with this belt?

Is the "Brokos" belt secured to your pants or inner belt by any means?

It seems that while running, this type of belt would flop around if it is not secured to an inner belt. Does it?

Additionally, I wear size 36 pants. I will sometimes wear a size 38 to facilitate my IWB holsters. Will a size large VTAC "Brokos" belt fit me fine? What size VTAC Cobra belt should I get to work with the "Brokos" belt?

Thanks in advance.

Stay safe,
    Nick
    Last edited by nickdrak; 10-12-10 at 18:42.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    The ATS and BFG have slits in the bottom of the sleeve that allow a holster to be attached to the inner belt with a drop adapter or the 6004 strap.
    I wanted to keep the holster on the belt line- won't the drop adapter place the holster below the belt line?

For the 6004 strap- are you referring to the leg strap?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post
    Do you wear a separate belt as you normally would, underneath looped thru your pants belt loops in-conjunction with this belt?
    Yes, normally a rigger's type belt

Is the "Brokos" belt secured to your pants or inner belt by any means?
    No.

It seems that while running, this type of belt would flop around if it is not secured to an inner belt. Does it?
    The width and type of materiel actually allows for a lot of surface material which allows the belt to fit snug. I haven't done a lot of running around in the VTAC belt but it has less play relative to my waist than my Eagle Duty Belt.

Additionally, I wear size 36 pants. I will sometimes wear a size 38 to facilitate my IWB holsters. Will a size large VTAC "Brokos" belt fit me fine?
    It should but I'm not sure how much bigger the XL Brokos belt is. With my size Large belt, I have just a little bit of extra room on either side of the Cobra belt.

What size VTAC Cobra belt should I get to work with the "Brokos" belt?
    I would go with the XL VTAC Cobra

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treehopr View Post
    I wanted to keep the holster on the belt line- won't the drop adapter place the holster below the belt line?
    True. If you want it to be at belt height you have to attach it with a molle adaptor. Most users prefer the holster dropped a little though, but it is user preference, not a rule. If that's your preferred height (I can't see your pics), I understand where the belt brings something unique to the table.

For the 6004 strap- are you referring to the leg strap?
    No, the belt attachment strap. The one that goes from the shroud to the belt.
    Last edited by Failure2Stop; 10-12-10 at 12:18.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast