Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Viking Tactics Battle belt? (AKA: VTAC BROKOS BELT)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post
    Do you wear a separate belt as you normally would, underneath looped thru your pants belt loops in-conjunction with this belt?
    My primary belt for daily wear is an Ares Ranger belt. I can put my 1st-line belt on over this, but the buckle is a bit bulky and noticeable under the padded belt to me, so I'll usually wear a thinner, less rigid belt on my pants when going overt like this.

I find that the belt doesn't flop, but can hike up when taking a knee or going prone as a result of going full-range-of-motion on your hips. I wear a drop-leg holster partially because the leg stap on it keeps the the whole belt from hiking up on me.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    True. If you want it to be at belt height you have to attach it with a molle adaptor. Most users prefer the holster dropped a little though, but it is user preference, not a rule. If that's your preferred height (I can't see your pics), I understand where the belt brings something unique to the table.

No, the belt attachment strap. The one that goes from the shroud to the belt.

That was the main selling point of the VTAC Brokos Belt for me was the ability to run a regular rigger's type belt.

The aforementioned drop leg/MOLLE adapters is also the reason that I have not tried a "Battle Belt" until now.

I have a plate carrier w/o a cummerbund so the "need" for a drop leg holster is moot (to me).

Having the pistol at roughly the same height/location allows me more consistency in my drawstroke.

YMMV

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I guess my final concern is weapon retention when running a belt slide holster as pictured above in Treehopr's pics. If someone was able to grab the grip of my pistol while in the holster, it seems like the belt would be able to slide all over the place in a struggle. I have never run a drop-leg holster, but I think that would be the way to go with this type of belt???

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It's not a 100% solution, but I know of plenty of guys that use 1st-line belts like this that use a pants-belt with one side of velcro on the outside and sew the opposite onto the inner liner of their warbelt to keep it from shifting. Seen it on the SOC-C, ATS War Belt, several others.

Also see plenty of folks that use, for instance, a Safariland UBL to get some drop on their holster without using a true drop-leg and the strap(s) that come with them: http://www.copquest.com/23-2400.jpg

Blade-Tech and other holster-makers have similar solutions, so nobody is absolutely stuck with leg straps unless they've tried other stuff and didn't like it, or simply haven't tried it yet. I'll be going the UBL route with my 6378 at a Pat Rogers class in December just to see if it works or not. I see nothing that would prevent anybody from trying it with the VTAC belt.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treehopr View Post
    I have a plate carrier w/o a cummerbund so the "need" for a drop leg holster is moot (to me).

Having the pistol at roughly the same height/location allows me more consistency in my drawstroke.
    Reasonable.
    Not my personal preference for tactical application, but if it works for you under the conditions of competant trainers, you are doing fine.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just wondering, can you run with a 1" belt or do you really need the 1 3/4" belt for this rig?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Just got mine set-up. So far it rides very comfortably. I will get the chance to run it at the range next week:

*VTAC Cobra belt 1.75"
    *Safariland 6325 ALS, Belt slide
    *(1) Eagle Double FB pistol mag pouch, Molle
    *(2) Eagle Single M4 mag pouches, Molle
    *(1) EGL Loppy Dump Pouch Gen II, Molle

Im still gonna add a med pouch & a blade on the belt to finish it off....

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Maybe it was mentioned and I missed it, but where is it made???

C4

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Maybe it was mentioned and I missed it, but where is it made???

C4
    Grant,

Not sure where they are manufactured, but "Panzer1" on LightFighter claims to be the designer. I read somewhere that it was made in the USA, but I cant remember where.

ETA: According to Kyle Lamb's comments on his Twitter & YouTube pages it is made in the USA.
    Last edited by nickdrak; 11-04-10 at 16:44.

VMI-MO Guest
    Panzer1 on Lightfighter is the owner of Mayflower R&C IIRC.

Mayflower also makes the VTAC chest rigs IIRC.

PJ

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast