Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Viking Tactics Battle belt? (AKA: VTAC BROKOS BELT)

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Does anybody know where you can find the cobra belt in stock?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    Does anybody know where you can find the cobra belt in stock?
    Directly from VTAC. Even thought their site shows "Back-ordered", they seem to have a good supply in-stock. I order two Brokos belts and a Cobra belt each in separate orders over the past two weeks and each order shipped the very next day. Send them an email asking about availability and they will get back to you in a day or less.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have an ATS warbelt (that I haven't actually worn outside the house yet) fitted with Eagle FB pouches that seems like it will work really well but I haven't figured out how I'd like to address the holster situation yet as I don't want a drop leg rig.

I've thought about just cutting slits in the Molle section to attach a Raven or similar directly to the inner belt.

This VTAC setup would fit that bill without hacking up good gear. Would the 2" inner ATS belt work with the VTAC warbelt or would I be better off scraping the whole ATS setup and going with the cobra inner belt?

VMI-MO Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by number9xd View Post
    I have an ATS warbelt (that I haven't actually worn outside the house yet) fitted with Eagle FB pouches that seems like it will work really well but I haven't figured out how I'd like to address the holster situation yet as I don't want a drop leg rig.

I've thought about just cutting slits in the Molle section to attach a Raven or similar directly to the inner belt.

This VTAC setup would fit that bill without hacking up good gear. Would the 2" inner ATS belt work with the VTAC warbelt or would I be better off scraping the whole ATS setup and going with the cobra inner belt?
    If the ATS belt is the one I am thinking of, it is not stiff enough IMHO.

The original Brokos belt, was actuually a really cut up battle belt. You can cut slits into the ATS battle belt and weave the belt onto the outside over the molle.

PJ

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Brokos

I use the Brokos from VTAC, switched from an Eagle BB. I use an SOE gear 1.75 Cobra Riggers and it is stiff enough that I attached a DOH Bladetech to my 3:00 on the riggers which is weaved to the outside. Does not slide or slip and an easy draw, nor has it interfered with my vest or chest rig.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VMI-MO View Post
    If the ATS belt is the one I am thinking of, it is not stiff enough IMHO.
    PJ
    Actually now that you mention it, I believe you are correct on that.

Does the VTAC Brokos / Cobra inner belt setup use Velcro between to aide the two belts to stck together like the ATS war belt setup?

Last edited by number9xd; 11-07-10 at 19:04.

Feedback Score

Probably VTAC will run out of Battle Belts very soon...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reseremb View Post
    Probably VTAC will run out of Battle Belts very soon...
    Damn.. now I am going to look like a airsofter.
    Last edited by Ryo; 11-10-10 at 14:16.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jklaughrey View Post
    I use the Brokos from VTAC, switched from an Eagle BB. I use an SOE gear 1.75 Cobra Riggers and it is stiff enough that I attached a DOH Bladetech to my 3:00 on the riggers which is weaved to the outside. Does not slide or slip and an easy draw, nor has it interfered with my vest or chest rig.
    What vest do you run with it that doesn't interfere?

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Vest

I wear my issue PointBlank Hi-lite, under a shirt and/or a soft shell/fleece. I have an older plate carrier, but it is too much. Waiting for the new Crye to come out for a plate carrier.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast