Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AAR - Grey Group/Vickers Tactical 1-day Basic Pistol Class - June 12th, 2010

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MGD View Post
    and it was good to put some faces with names. good to meet you Shivan and JSantoro.
    Oh what am I; chopped liver?
    Last edited by NCPatrolAR; 06-24-10 at 00:04.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    Who is the guy in the Nationals hat shooting a Glock???

I looks a lot like Shivan but that couldn't be...
    What's this world coming to? I'll tell you, the limited reloading was nice. I love the Arrendondo + extensions on the 17rd mags.

It also helped that at all distances we shot in the class, I was pretty much right on and dialed in. The only drill I muffed was the damn walk back on steel.

Now, we didn't use a timer for most stuff that day, but for my first time shooting a Glock in that setting, I loved it.

Still love the 1911, but the G17 is pretty damn suitable.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks like a great class. Larry is, in my opinion, one of the best pistol instructors walking the planet. He's been one of the largest influences on my shooting.

...although looking at that sentence perhaps that's not something he would want to take credit for.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    Oh what am I; chopped liver?
    sorry. didn't officially KNOW you were who you were at the course since formal introductions were few. but good to meet you too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MGD View Post
    sorry. didn't officially KNOW you were who you were at the course since formal introductions were few. but good to meet you too.
    No sweat. Most people know me as Milfmaster anyways

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hell, it wasn't until the Vickers CQB class that three of us even knew he had a name besides Milf Master! I think even Larry was a bit shocked.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    The only drill I muffed was the damn walk back on steel.
    Oh sure, blame the gun.
    Josh
    (w)910.323.4739
    www.GreyGroupTraining.com

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    No, I just missed, twice, at what should have been an easy distance for 12"x12" steel. D'oh!
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    No, I just missed, twice, at what should have been an easy distance for 12"x12" steel. D'oh!
    I'm just busting your balls dude. Good shooting with you.
    Josh
    (w)910.323.4739
    www.GreyGroupTraining.com

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I was tracking you, just not that damn steel.

You've got a kickass job man, all this shooting with all these top guys.

To top it off you're driving a mean car like the M6. Did I mention I "dislike" you...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123