Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NE OKLAHOMA TRAINING.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    tiny, USSA is an excellent facility and they have frequent training opportunities. They even have a training group that meets frequently for a decent price. Get on their mailing list here: http://usshootingacademy.com/

The closest to you would be Alpha in Pryor: http://alphatrainingacademy.com/ I haven't ben there yet, but I've known Robert for a long time and he's good people. They're probably a little more competition oriented if I know Robert.

If you're available this Sunday, USSA will be holding a 2 gun match that should be very good. It's carbine out to 110 yards for about 150 rounds and pistol for about 70. They'll be using the 360 degree indoor shoot house for one stage and the 360 degree open range for another, plus three 60 yard bays that are about 35 yards wide.

Hey Jerry, long time no see. Hope all is well. I agree with Jerry love me some USSA and ATA. In fact I'm headed up to USSA Sunday to shoot.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Tischauser View Post
    Hey Jerry, long time no see. Hope all is well. I agree with Jerry love me some USSA and ATA. In fact I'm headed up to USSA Sunday to shoot.
    Pretty well. I've taken a few months off since the World Shoot, trying to recuperate!

If I make it out Sunday, it will be my 1st match since World. Hope to see you there!

Feedback Score

Training in the OK area

There is a place in Van Buren, AR, just east of Fort Smith, AR. The company is called is Grant Tactical Training and they are partnered with THOR Global Defense Group. They offer courses from one inch to one mile.

Feedback Score
    I know this is an old thread, but just putting it out there that I live in NE OK also, in Chouteau, which is a small town ten miles south of pryor. Im a beginner on the AR, which is to say I have no formal training. Ive grown up with firearms all my life, and can shoot the AR well, but like I said, no formal training, and I would very much like to go to a few classes. Tulsa is close enough to me for it to not be much of a drive, forty miles or so...Im thinking of trying out the US shooting academy...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arushus View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but just putting it out there that I live in NE OK also, in Chouteau, which is a small town ten miles south of pryor. Im a beginner on the AR, which is to say I have no formal training. Ive grown up with firearms all my life, and can shoot the AR well, but like I said, no formal training, and I would very much like to go to a few classes. Tulsa is close enough to me for it to not be much of a drive, forty miles or so...Im thinking of trying out the US shooting academy...
    USSA and TDSA are both excellent training companies. I haven't taken any of their carbine courses but their pistol course got me lined out.

If you bring that AR up to the 3 Gun matches at USSA some of the regulars hand out free lessons every month

Feedback Score
    Hey Jesse, man, you are all over these Oklahoma sub-forums! Haha, you turned me onto boomer shooter over on glocktalk! I joined, but havent spent any time there since I did. I dunno why really, guess I just found these bigger forums more appealing... Thanks for the advice! I really do wanna learn more about proper shooting and tactics on the "Modern Sporting Rifle". I'd feel a little odd just showing up to a 3-gun match just for advice, haha...I am gonna check out some classes though, maybe some day down the road I'll look into some matches or competitions that arent real serious or competitive. You know, the kind where people are there more to have fun and learn than win the competition.

I know youre a big competitor in the 3-gun world. How have you been doing? Seems like I remember seeing your name on some various match results and rankings I peruse through occasionally.

Thanks again!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arushus View Post
    Hey Jesse, man, you are all over these Oklahoma sub-forums! Haha, you turned me onto boomer shooter over on glocktalk! I joined, but havent spent any time there since I did. I dunno why really, guess I just found these bigger forums more appealing... Thanks for the advice! I really do wanna learn more about proper shooting and tactics on the "Modern Sporting Rifle". I'd feel a little odd just showing up to a 3-gun match just for advice, haha...I am gonna check out some classes though, maybe some day down the road I'll look into some matches or competitions that arent real serious or competitive. You know, the kind where people are there more to have fun and learn than win the competition.

I know youre a big competitor in the 3-gun world. How have you been doing? Seems like I remember seeing your name on some various match results and rankings I peruse through occasionally.

Thanks again!
    Man I am on over 80 different forums trying to help shooters get into competitive shooting of some sort.

I was suggesting that you join us in shooting a 3 gun match so myself and the rest of the squad would be more than happy to tell you why we shoot the way we shoot. It won't be anything featured Towards defensive shooting but I know we can help you learn to shoot fast and accurate.

The matches at the local club or any for that matter are t all that competitive. Most of the competition goes in with yourself as you try to get better and faster each match. It's kinda like golf. We talk a little smack about beating each other but in the end its all about how you feel you did at the end of the day.

I was lucky enough to win the $5,000 check from Hornady for the 3 Gun Nation Heavy Metal Optics Division Title. The 3 Gun Nation Pro Tour has one stop left for the year, $50,000 shoot off in Vegas. When I win that its gonna be party on!
    Last edited by Jesse Tischauser; 01-04-13 at 20:48.

Feedback Score
    New here to m4carbine, but well established elsewhere

I'm in the I40 corridor near FT smith.

We have an active group of legit guys who swear by DARC in little rock.

check them out, PM me for more info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12