Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: atomic dog holster

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe smith View Post
    I love you

(in a healthy man-love kinda way)

~Brian
    good luck with your business man. there's always a market for high quality gear.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    ive been wanting to order up some kydex and start making my own holsters, since nobody seems to make what i want. i guarantee my holsters would look pretty freaken similar- because there's just not really any other way to do it. you mold the kydex, you fasten the kydex, you sand the kydex. raven's made it Rock Star, but they don't own the rights to kydex.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Show me a holster that looked like raven before ravens came out

http://www.desantisholster.com/store...14&itm_index=1

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    ive been wanting to order up some kydex and start making my own holsters, since nobody seems to make what i want. i guarantee my holsters would look pretty freaken similar- because there's just not really any other way to do it. you mold the kydex, you fasten the kydex, you sand the kydex. raven's made it Rock Star, but they don't own the rights to kydex.

I would encourage anyone to try it themselves. There are a few things that make it easier, but alot can be done with basic tools. I am here to help anyone who wants to try it.

First off, you will need some kydex. This place sells smaller quantities so it's great for starting out
    http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=41_54_136

Some rivets
    http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/produc...roducts_id=658

Now, you might be tempted to save the money and buy the hand setter. It is rubbish! Drop the extra cash on the dies. I recommend the version for drill/arbor press
    http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/produc...roducts_id=633

But if you don't have a press these work too
    http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/produc...oducts_id=2028
    http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/produc...oducts_id=2029

For sanding I recommend sanding drums for a drill press, great for metting beautiful curves. You can do a good bit with a dremel tool, but the results might not be consistant. Take your time.

I could literally spend all day on this, but I have to get working. Good luck everyone!
    My name is Brian, I own Atomic Dog Holsters

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wanted to thank everyone for the interest in our products, and the many orders from M4. I really appreciate it. I hope you will all be patient with me, I a stepping up production and bringing in some additional help to get through everything and keep the lead times down as much as possible. Right now I am about three weeks out.

Once again, thanks everyone.

~Brian

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I remember reading this same debate with Raven versus NTAC a while back. Is it a copy? Sure it is and skyugo nailed it in my opinion when he said when something becomes good it becomes the standard or at least a standard. I have a Raven and an NTAC. Both are great holsters although I do prefer the Raven slightly more for a couple of reasons relative to my personal tastes. Brian as long as you offer a great product AND have great customer service I wish you the best of luck. John at NTAC has been very helpful and Tom of Raven has gone out of his way on here to help out members stay up to date on the status of his products. This to me is just as important as the product. Brian you seem like a good fella and I wish you the best of luck with your business! Will be ordering from you soon.

-Jax

P.S. For everyone out there who thinks this is blasphemy or is just plain partial to Raven all this competition will do one thing. It'll make the guys at RCS step up their game and that is in no way knocking them now. Competition is good.
    Last edited by jaxman7; 06-20-10 at 10:48. Reason: added post script

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    P.S. For everyone out there who thinks this is blasphemy or is just plain partial to Raven all this competition will do one thing. It'll make the guys at RCS step up their game and that is in no way knocking them now. Competition is good.
    No lie. I've been thinking for a while now that Raven might spawn a cottage industry that offers better delivery and cost. I've pretty much written them off as mu next holster purchase because I can get an MTAC within a week despite my slight preference for the Phantom.

Brian, I hope you're gearing up to keep up with the demand you should be seeing now that your little secret is out of the bag...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    No lie. I've been thinking for a while now that Raven might spawn a cottage industry that offers better delivery and cost. I've pretty much written them off as mu next holster purchase because I can get an MTAC within a week despite my slight preference for the Phantom.

Brian, I hope you're gearing up to keep up with the demand you should be seeing now that your little secret is out of the bag...
    Raven is still the best bet for concealment WML holsters. Blade-Tech makes 1 IWB holster, with no cant options, and only for older style WML's.

I think their work is overpriced, but if it's backed with good service, comfortable, and fits my needs...I could care less about $20-30.

They need to expand their production though. 3 months for something you can make in a toaster over is a bit much. I'll probably make my own attempt at a WML holster while I wait for the RCS to come.

The guys trying to compete with Raven need to step up in the WML game. That is where Raven still has a corner on the market.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post

Actually, "gearing up" just means I get to do less around the house.

"Sorry honey, I can't take out the trash. I have holsters to make!"

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Raven is still the best bet for concealment WML holsters. Blade-Tech makes 1 IWB holster, with no cant options, and only for older style WML's.

I think their work is overpriced, but if it's backed with good service, comfortable, and fits my needs...I could care less about $20-30.

They need to expand their production though. 3 months for something you can make in a toaster over is a bit much. I'll probably make my own attempt at a WML holster while I wait for the RCS to come.

The guys trying to compete with Raven need to step up in the WML game. That is where Raven still has a corner on the market.

A lot of comes down to time and expense. It is hard to support a wide variety of guns, add in lights and it is a lote more money and work. a LOT of people ask me for WML holsters and I just can't support them yet. It does seem to be the new trend lately, maybe because the lights are getting better.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Just emailed you guys regarding some holsters.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast