Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Photos of the British Army fielding new LMT .308

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    Same with the multicam uniforms (officially their own MC based pattern). How long was it after they started looking into it before they made the announcement that they were going to the MC? Something like 4 months IIRC. And they are already fielded as well.
    Even a lot of their REMFs have 'em already...whereas US issue is on a unit-by-unit basis depending on where in 'stan your are (headed).

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    In my opinion, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Angie Harmon should be over here pulling a train on me, but that doesn't mean it's right.[/QUOTE]

Doesnt make it wrong either

Feedback Score
    British point of view: The troops are happy with the thing, it gives them the added capability that the calibre offers instead of 5.56.

There are some more mature soldiers that have expressed the opinion that the L1A1 should have been dug out of deep storage, service, fitted with scopes and thrown out to the troops. A bit like the M14 was over here. And, yes, there are still a fair few L1A1's hidden away in storage.

There were some opinions, from younger soldiers, that the L1A1 would not provide accuracy over distance. Funny that, when I used to do my Annual Personal Weapon Test (APWT) with it I had to engage and score on targets out to 400 Metres with iron sights. I have seen SUIT sight hits out to 800 and seriously scaring targets out to 1000 yards at Bisley with a scoped L1A1.

Point of interest: Way back in the first pic, they are not soldiers......they are Royal Marine Commando's.

Feedback Score
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    Another pic. Very cool looking shooter!

Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    With the longer gas system its way smoother, and less recoil. I just put the BABC on my LMT, and it still recoiled harder than the EMC that just had the regular flash hider.
    Yeah its pretty amazing how much lighter the EMC recoil is.

Shooting my AR10 and then shooting my EMC is so pronounced it stunned me the first time I shot them back to back.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213