Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C-Products Stainless Magazine Review

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Dang it!!!

Thought I was gonna be the first to run over one!

Did it today with an Isuzu Trooper.

I had done multiple drops with it, base-first, and graduated to dropping it top-first from about 14' into large gravel. Dented the daylights out of the top rounds and bent one feed lip a little, maybe. Then the runover.

Result-- mag still works. I think they may have something here. My universal advice has been, if it's an AR mag and it's steel, toss it. There have been some exceptions recently, obvioulsy the HK mags, the one Limey mag I have has been good, and now the C-Products mags, my one test sample anyway, has been impressive.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Hoplophile gave me a stainless C products mag a few weeks ago and I just ordered 2 more from G&R and I'll but doing my best to wear them out soon.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I haven't had the chance to try any of their stainless magazines yet, but at BW in May I took seven of their aluminum magazines with chrome moly springs, black mar-lube finish, and the orange Magpul enhanced followers with me to run the Bushmaster course.

Overall they did pretty well, and they do allow you to reliably load 30 rounds into them without any ill effects. (I have other aluminum mags that simply will not function with 30 rounds in them...)

The only problem I had was with one specific magazine that kept failing to feed with 5 or 6 rounds still in the magazine. The bolt of my Bushmaster would just slam home without sripping a round from the magazine. Attempting a normal TRB drill would result in a jam that required completely ejecting the magazine and working the bolt a couple of times to clear.

This happened to me 4 times with that particular magazine, so I stopped using it.

The rest of the magazines ran flawlessly.

The finish on them got beat up pretty bad, but they spent a lot of time being dropped on gravel, stepped on, kicked, and having a 200 + pound man drop on top of them to do various prone shooting positions.

The finish on most of my mags looks a lot like #2. A single 3,000 round course is pretty hard on equipment, but they held up just fine in my estimation. Of course, I am not the type who is concerned about how my mags look...

Overall I was pretty happy with them. The C Products mags are now the ones I keep with my rifle for serious purposes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12