Thread: Missouri Competitive Shooting

Feedback Score

Missouri Competitive Shooting

Hi everyone my name is Zach, I am new to the site. I live in O Fallon, MO and was wanting to know how to get into competitive shooting and if there are any places around here to do it.

Thank you for your help

Feedback Score
    I know Arnold Rifle and Pistol club in Barnhart, MO has IDPA matches on the third Saturday of each month. I am not a member there, but plan on joining after the first of the year. It's a bit of a drive from O'Fallon though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    www.stlouisshooters.com has most all matches around St. Louis listed. They also should have all matches within the area listed or threads will pop up for them from guys that travel.

Feedback Score
    Great thanks everyone

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's a bit of a drive for you, but there is a lot of IPSC going on in Columbia and Jefferson City. 3-Gun as well at the CMMG facility near Fayette.

Monthly matches at Green Valley in Columbia and USC in Jeff City. Thursday night informal IPSC at Jeff City.

The CMMG 3-gun match is absolutely worth the drive over.

Sometimes I REALLY miss living in Columbia.

Feedback Score
    That sounds good. So the CMMG matches are every month? Can you take tours of the plant? It would be well worth the drive it sounds like. It would only take me about a hour to get there I think. Thanks for the info

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zach70287 View Post
    That sounds good. So the CMMG matches are every month? Can you take tours of the plant? It would be well worth the drive it sounds like. It would only take me about a hour to get there I think. Thanks for the info

There is a big yearly shoot. It used to be the FN match but now FN hosts a separate match and CMMG runs their own. They have smaller less formal 3-gun during the warmer months. You will have to check with them as spring rolls around to see when.

I don't think tours are available but the CMMG staff is friendly and great to talk to in my experience. You won't find a nicer group of guys than the USPSA/IPSC/3-gun group who shoots at USC in Jefferson City.