Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ULTIMATE INFANTRY RIFLE (Centurion)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by urbankaos04 View Post
    WWW: That weight of 8 lbs 10 ozs is with a fully loaded mag?
    No, empty mag.

And when you talk of the LWT Centurion barrel, don't they have more of a Noveske-ish profile instead of a straight up gov profile? On their site, the LWT seems to have more of a taper from the receiver end to the muzzle, no?
    I have a Centurion Lightweight barrel right here waiting to be built up. The barrel under the handguard has a standard Lightweight profile: after the chamber swell it tapers down from .680" to .600" right before it flares up to the gas block soulder; I'm pretty sure this is a bit skinnier than a Noveske N4. In front of the gas block it is a straight .680". I intend to have the section in front of the gas block turned down to .600" (standard Lightweights are .575" here, but I want just a tad more beef in this area.) to turn it into a true Lightweight.

And one last thing: The mid-weight sure reminds me a lot of Denny's GTS Operator barrel. I used to have one, then I sold it to a friend.
    The Operator is a great barrel too:

In fact I prefer the Operator's profile to the Centurion midweight- the Operator has a tapering profile, while the Cent is just a straight .750" run, as you can see above in the OP. I forgot to weigh the Cent before it was installed, so I don't know which is heavier, but I'll bet the Cent is. No big deal though.
    Last edited by wild_wild_wes; 06-18-10 at 22:45.
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    Thank for the response, WWW.

As for the Centurian LWT CHF barrel, I'm just not seeing the gov profile in this image:

Mid-weight bottom, LWT top

I remember seeing some early pictures wherein I did see what was clearly a gov profile. Is it possible they made changes?

Here's a 16" gov profile from BCM:

Last edited by urbankaos04; 06-18-10 at 22:56.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Centurion doesn't have a pic of their Lightweight on their site. Both of those barrels are Midweights.

Here's my Centurion Lightweight:
    Last edited by wild_wild_wes; 06-18-10 at 23:36.
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Who did the pin job on the Vltor FSB for you?

March to the sound of guns and kill everyone not dressed like you
    Feedback Score
    Melikes. A lot.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post
    Who did the pin job on the Vltor FSB for you?
    ADCO. Turn-around time for the upper job was three days!

Feedback Score
    I have had that same barrel for a year and a half, but other projects have kept it on the backburner. I'm looking forward to putting it together. Nice job on yours.
    S/F

Al

"Hold on to your hate, it helps you stay focused"

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    That's a very nice carbine, I really like what you have done with it. That pinned gas block is quite nice.

What are your thoughts on a light for it? It looks like you might have room for an X300 at 12:00, just behind the gas block.

I'm looking forward to seeing the groups it will shoot. That barrel should really make you proud!

Feedback Score
    Beautiful gun!! I am getting ready to build my own. Any suggestions? Seems that you like Centurion quite a bit!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast