Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Building my first AR-15

Feedback Score

Building my first AR-15

So When I first posted this I was going to buy a whole AR-15 and now that I have done some chatting on here I have decided to build one.

Any suggestions on brands a whatnot are welcome as I have never done this before!

I am getting ready to get my first AR-15 and I'm looking for some input. The gun dealer that I have been going to for a while is pointing me to a CMMG M4 LE. I am looking for something that will be a good starting platform that I can build on as I don't have a lot of money to spend right now. It is just going to be for plinking and fun, I am not going to be in shooting competitions or anything like that.

What have you all heard about the CMMG? Do you think I should go a different route?

I was also thinking about buying the gun part by part. If so what do you suggest if I went that route?

Thanks, Joey
    Last edited by FFJoey; 06-19-10 at 21:30.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If you tell us how much you are looking to spend we will tell you the best variant for your money.
    Last edited by Safetyhit; 06-18-10 at 18:42.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've heard a lot of good, second hand, about CMMG. Heard little bad, second hand, about CMMG.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

info

Organdonor what will you be using this rifle for, plinking, training/courses, duty, etc...

This will give us a better idea as to components and needs for your platform.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jklaughrey View Post
    Organdonor what will you be using this rifle for, plinking, training/courses, duty, etc...

This will give us a better idea as to components and needs for your platform.
    This isn't my thread... but the guy who started it said, "It is just going to be for plinking and fun, I am not going to be in shooting competitions or anything like that."

Feedback Score
    I'm trying to stay around 7 to 9 hundred.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FFJoey View Post
    If you're comfortable spending that much it will buy a much nicer rifle than a cmmg. Many people will probably recommend Bravo Company(BCM)
    Last edited by organdonor; 06-18-10 at 19:14.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

oops

sorry brother!
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I would suggest saving up a little while longer and buying a better made AR. I don't know how old you are but this purchase could potentially last you many years and it's better to buy quality initially than have to dick with a lot of things in the future. Pay once or pay twice.
    Take a look at the chart Rob made and read through the definitions and also the different tabs to better educate yourself on what's considered important when looking at an AR purchase. Best of luck! https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...jFwPrgTA#gid=2

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Sounds good, though we might like to stay closer to $900 if at all possible. Last question, are you in a restricted state such as CA, NY or NJ? This is a relevant question I assure you.
    Last edited by Safetyhit; 06-18-10 at 19:23.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast