Page 261 of 281 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 2802

Thread: What music do you have playing?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    I've been on a huge Deftones kick for the past week.

Did you listen to ohms yet?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikhailBarracuda91 View Post
    Did you listen to ohms yet?

Sho did.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Check out the band We Lost The Sea, particularly their album Departure Songs.

*ETA- here's the first track off the album. If you like Post Rock, you'll dig it.
    Yeah, I've actually heard that one in some of the compilations I've listened to, along with a few God Is An Astronaut songs that seems to get stuck in everywhere. Like this one; it's almost an ubiquitous post-rock compilation song.

TBH, I just sort of stumbled across post-rock about a month ago.
    I usually listen to some sort of synthwave/epic orchestral/medieval/fantasy/dark country/'music for concentration', etc, etc, sort of multi-hour compilations while I'm working. Pretty much anything that keeps half my brain occupied, but not something I'll get *too* into and distract myself.
    Anyway, one day I was listening to a Mass Effect soundtrack comp (because one of the best game series evar), and the YT algorithm was like "Pssst, hey kid- you wanna listen to 5 hours of Psychedelic Space Rock?" And I was like, "sure, I need to kill 5 hours, why not". So I clicked on it, ok, not bad, and in the side bar was a bunch of recommends for comps and albums by God is an Astronaut (because the YT algorithm is "smart" like that), as well as a bunch of post-rock compilations. And so the great post-rock binge has begun....
    It's kinda almost got me wanting to pick up drums again, after I've handily gone and sold everything off... typical.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Floor Jansen- because the world needs more raven haired 6'+ viking shield maiden classically trained sopranos fronting Finnish Symphonic Metal bands!

Having some fun with "Phantom of the Opera":
    https://youtu.be/plCScjvDOJM

Singing opera with a metal influence for fun:
    https://youtu.be/lcLG5X1i2QM

Finnish Symphonic Metal "Ghost love score":
    https://youtu.be/4V_eoR6r1Tw

I'm not completely sold on the Finnish metal thing yet, but it's growing on me. But everyone needs to give a listen to this talent even if the songs are not your thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    SiriusXM's Outlaw Country helps with that. Of course they also play Sturgill Simpson's new stuff, which is a breed of it's own in the country world. I think he and Jason Isbell can save country from itself.
    I really loved Jason's Something More Than Free album. It is still amazing. I also really love certain songs from Sturgill, but just can't stand others. I don't have Sirius but I have to look at who they play. Thanks for the information.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    I've been on a huge Deftones kick for the past week.

I love the Deftones, I still just put all their songs on random at the gym when I just don't want to be there but need to grind it out. For some reason they give me the motivation to push forward. All my friends are Tool or Metallica fans, and while I really do love those bands, the Deftones just have a simple anger and beauty about their music that other bands just have a hard time projecting.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I love the Deftones, I still just put all their songs on random at the gym when I just don't want to be there but need to grind it out. For some reason they give me the motivation to push forward. All my friends are Tool or Metallica fans, and while I really do love those bands, the Deftones just have a simple anger and beauty about their music that other bands just have a hard time projecting.
    Man if I listen to Deftones new stuff (after Chi Cheng) it can be depressing in large quantities lol. It's almost as if there's two bands, hardcore Deftones and melodic Deftones. It's cool, but confusing for people who aren't die hard fans.

Diamond eyes was great, Chino said Koi No Yokan was basically part 2 to it or a continuation.
    I think Ohms is going to be the continuation of Gore, but more metal. Mostly because Stephan Carpenter is more involved in the writing this time.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    Thank you guys for bringing up the Deftones, I have not listened to them in forever. Think Around the Fur was the last one I knew of.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    https://youtu.be/TksqEIl1uxU

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Page 261 of 281 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271 ... LastLast