Thread: Clark Custom barrel nut - torque?

Feedback Score

Clark Custom barrel nut - torque?

I'm putting together an AR and plan on using a Clark Custom carbon fiber freefloat tube. Due to the way the nut is designed (see pic) a regular barrel wrench isn't going to work. The instructions sent with it and their website recommend using a pipe or strap wrench to tighten the nut, but I'm worried about that method not putting the correct amount of torque on the nut. As far as I can tell there aren't any strap wrenches that have a way to attach a torque wrench. What do you guys recommend doing to attach this thing properly?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Contact a local machine shop, give em the specs on the gas tube holes center to center or just bring them the nut and have them machine you a wrench. I know it sounds complicated but I've found sometimes that if you cant find a tool, using something inadequate can ruin a part. And most machine shops can do it for very little.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"

If you can't get behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You need this wrench
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=497211
    but to use it on a torque wrench I think you'd have to cut out a square in the barrel wrench for the drive on the torque wrench.

You'll also need vice block that goes inside the upper, a DPMS claw wont work because you have to tighten it from the back.