Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Heavily-armed" citizen militia group plans to patrol smuggling corridor

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    News clip with interview of the guy. Looks like 9mm AR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiAw6zaFxYI

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoTex View Post
    A bunch of nutjobs with plenty of weapons and no training trying to get involved in an already hot drug-war, what could possibly go wrong?

If you really want to fight in "The War on Drugs", sign on with your local PD or Border Patrol. If you can't due to incompetence or physical inability, that's probably a hint you ought not to try it on your own
    Ah, the "Leave it To The Professionals" gambit. I see your LITTP and raise you a 'The 2nd Amendment Wasn't Written to Protect the Right of the Cops To Keep And Bear Arms'.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gotta say, all the ACUs and camos really do add to the whackjob stereotype..

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    A bunch of nutjobs with plenty of weapons and no training trying to get involved in an already hot drug-war, what could possibly go wrong?

If you really want to fight in "The War on Drugs", sign on with your local PD or Border Patrol. If you can't due to incompetence or physical inability, that's probably a hint you ought not to try it on your own

While I don't think its the best idea to go down there willy nilly, and "patrol" the border like this citizens do play a role, and should other than paying taxes or joining a government agency. Remember the 2nd, which applies to us peon citizens, says, "...the security of a free state,...". That means we have a role in our state security.

Times like this is when an organized militia could be of some help. Our government refuses to do its job, and prevents citizens from doing theirs. The result is the willy nilly approach seen here.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ah, the "Leave it To The Professionals" gambit. I see your LITTP and raise you a 'The 2nd Amendment Wasn't Written to Protect the Right of the Cops To Keep And Bear Arms'.
    I have no issue with them being armed. I have issue with them putting themselves in obviously ultra-dangerous (perhaps even suicidal situations) because they believe their arms empower them to do so.

The 2nd Amendment doesn't give you the right to be a ****ing idiot.

Our government refuses to do its job
    God this shit gets old with me. Our government does what job it can within the boundaries of law and budget. It never ceases to amaze me that, apparently, if the government agency with the shit budget and low personnel can't stop the problem completely, 100%, it must be "because the government refuses".

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    I have no issue with them being armed. I have issue with them putting themselves in obviously ultra-dangerous (perhaps even suicidal situations) because they believe their arms empower them to do so.

The 2nd Amendment doesn't give you the right to be a ****ing idiot.

God this shit gets old with me. Our government does what job it can within the boundaries of law and budget. It never ceases to amaze me that, apparently, if the government agency with the shit budget and low personnel can't stop the problem completely, 100%, it must be "because the government refuses".

Yes they do. Are you to believe the richest, and most powerful country in the world cannot afford to secure its own borders, and have some semblance of security?

We spend well over a trillion a year on welfare and social programs. Dont tell me the budget wont allow it. They just dont want to.

Just like Obama said NASA is too expensive even though its less than 1% of the budget. We can also spend a trillion dollars fighting two wars since late 2001 for our security, and yet we cant secure our own borders?
    Last edited by Belmont31R; 06-21-10 at 18:13.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    If you really want to fight in "The War on Drugs", sign on with your local PD or Border Patrol.
    Even better, if you want to help don't do drugs. No demand = no reason for a supply. Why join a "war" that's been going on for almost 40 years and is a complete failure? Look at the root cause and work at eliminating the demand.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridge_Runner_5 View Post

But why is this newspaper telling everybody where and when the patrols are, completely defeating the purpose?
    I think that's the newspaper's (forgive the pun) aim.

Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post

That said - I thought this is the same sheriff that WANTED help? He's getting help, now he doesn't want it?
    Ah, but it doesn't come through official channels, with the paperwork filled out in triplicate and with the appropriate higher-ups signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger29 View Post
    The thing about this is that the overwhelming odds are that the government will step in to stop this group, using force, while completely ignoring the illegals and smugglers...

I do wish this group good hunting...
    Much easier job to do than going after the illegals (sorry, undocumented non-resident citizens) and smugglers (sorry again, unlicensed pharmaceutical distributors). My hat is off to the guys on the front line actually making the arrests. At least they're trying to do something about the situation that's been created by the politicians/bureaucrats.

Yep, you're right. Maybe we should have told that same message to Paul Revere, Samuel Adams, Isaac Davis, John Hancock, William Dawes, et. al. way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    While I don't think its the best idea to go down there willy nilly, and "patrol" the border like this citizens do play a role, and should other than paying taxes or joining a government agency. Remember the 2nd, which applies to us peon citizens, says, "...the security of a free state,...". That means we have a role in our state security.

Times like this is when an organized militia could be of some help. Our government refuses to do its job, and prevents citizens from doing theirs. The result is the willy nilly approach seen here.
    Seems to me there are turf wars being fought on both sides of the border.

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes they do. Are you to believe the richest, and most powerful country in the world cannot afford to secure its own borders, and have some semblance of security?

We spend well over a trillion a year on welfare and social programs. Dont tell me the budget wont allow it. They just dont want to.

Just like Obama said NASA is too expensive even though its less than 1% of the budget. We can also spend a trillion dollars fighting two wars since late 2001 for our security, and yet we cant secure our own borders?
    It looks like first I misunderstood you and then you misunderstood me.

The BP and related forces have very little control over how much of the overall US budget is appropriated to them. I believe they do the best they can within their appropriated budgets.

Whether or not they should have more (and from where it should come from) is a different debate it looks like you and I could see more eye to eye on.

What I was taking offense to was my perception that you were implying the BP and related forces were slacking. They aren't, they're doing the best they can given the meager support (financial and otherwise they receive).

So I guess you and I are in more alignment than it first seemed.

WITH ALL THAT SAID: I still don't believe a bunch of amateur weekend warriors putting themselves in harms way is a good solution. I agree that some manner of intermediary official Militia would be desireable (citizens with training, but not soldiers).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Even better, if you want to help don't do drugs. No demand = no reason for a supply. Why join a "war" that's been going on for almost 40 years and is a complete failure? Look at the root cause and work at eliminating the demand.
    Good point.

Yep, you're right. Maybe we should have told that same message to Paul Revere, Samuel Adams, Isaac Davis, John Hancock, William Dawes, et. al. way back when.
    Oh puh-leaze. I'm not even going to bother to explain why that's a total non-sequitur here.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast