Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Idaho

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Billick View Post
    Oh yeah? What mountains? I live back in Twin Lakes between Rathdrum and Spirit Lake.

I agree. But it does seem like every time I go into that place I get into a friendly argument with someone on staff. Then once I get home I look up the answer and I'm always correct.
    Right on! I'm literally just around the bend from you... my family and I built a house last summer about halfway up Rathdrum Mountain and so we belong to the town below. We love it here... very happy to be in this area.

Maybe you can clue me in for good safe places to shoot...? We moved over from the other side of Spokane and all I've figured out for this area so far is CTS for indoor, which gets spendy. The Fernan Range looks good but is 25 miles away... seems like there should be something up your way off of 41.

Haven't gotten into any friendly arguments with CTS staff yet, although I'm starting to frequent it more so maybe I will. Normally I try to avoid any discussion because of things like you mentioned, I think why bother, but I suppose it could be fun too.
    Last edited by rackham1; 02-15-12 at 21:19.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rackham1 View Post
    Right on! I'm literally just around the bend from you... my family and I built a house last summer about halfway up Rathdrum Mountain and so we belong to the town below. We love it here... very happy to be in this area.
    Yeah I love it too. It really is an awesome area. Especially coming from The People's Republic of Kalifornia.

Maybe you can clue me in for good safe places to shoot...? We moved over from the other side of Spokane and all I've figured out for this area so far is CTS for indoor, which gets spendy. The Fernan Range looks good but is 25 miles away... seems like there should be something up your way off of 41.
    CTS is a really great and safe place to bring new shooters, but it does get very expensive. I don't go to a range per say, it's more like a place in the woods. It must be safe enough because we had a cop roll up once to check on all the gunfire and he didn't tell us to stop.

Its pretty redneck, but its what everyone around here does. The only good range around here got closed down because A-holes who built their houses around a SHOOTING RANGE started complaining about the noise...

Feedback Score
    Boise here... Nice seasons except way too overcast in the winter (maybe because I lived 30 years in Arizona). Oh well whaddaya expect in the Northwest. Getting more liberal too due to all the Californians moving here and wanting to "fix" things.

All in all, a nice place to live and a day's drive gets you to many scenic places. Quite a few shooting ranges and lots of BLM land but it's a little scary to shoot in the desert now that it's fire season. I've been going to Impact Guns indoor range lately.
    US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Darn I need to visit here more, I missed the Center Target Sports bashing lol. Neat shop but Ive had some interesting experiences with the staff myself.

Feedback Score

Haven't gotten into any friendly arguments with CTS staff yet, although I'm starting to frequent it more so maybe I will. Normally I try to avoid any discussion because of things like you mentioned, I think why bother, but I suppose it could be fun too.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydenB View Post
    Yeah I love it too. It really is an awesome area. Especially coming from The People's Republic of Kalifornia.

CTS is a really great and safe place to bring new shooters, but it does get very expensive. I don't go to a range per say, it's more like a place in the woods. It must be safe enough because we had a cop roll up once to check on all the gunfire and he didn't tell us to stop.

Its pretty redneck, but its what everyone around here does. The only good range around here got closed down because A-holes who built their houses around a SHOOTING RANGE started complaining about the noise...
    The Fernan Range is worth the drive. PM me if you want to come out as my guest some time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by colt191145lover View Post
    Darn I need to visit here more, I missed the Center Target Sports bashing lol. Neat shop but Ive had some interesting experiences with the staff myself.
    I think it's kinda endemic to gun store employees. Many/most of them work in gun shops because they fancy themselves a gun expert, when they usually aren't.

I miss the one man operation gun stores of my youth, where the owners were mostly ex WWII military and competitive shooters. I sure learned a lot from those neat old guys.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    The Fernan Range is worth the drive. PM me if you want to come out as my guest some time.
    I for one would love directions. Thanks friend.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydenB View Post
    I for one would love directions. Thanks friend.
    It's a members only range with a locked gate, so you need to go with a member. PM me if you want to try and hook up to check it out.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This thread is old as f__k but it seemed the most appropriate place for an intro (unless I missed the actual intro thread somewhere).

Regular guy (non LEO, non Mil) living somewhere in between Boise and the Oregon border, shooting since I was 13. Started out in 25 meter smallbore rifle then NRA highpower. I quit the competitive stuff in my mid 20's and now I mostly shoot for fun.

Feedback Score
    There is a outdoor range at the Coeur d’ Alene Gun club on atlas road in CDA.
    From April 15 til November 15 there is an outdoor range near Sandpoint!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234