Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Idaho

Feedback Score
    Twin falls here, anyone here know to shoot where the crazies don't go

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    There's an indoor pistol/rem fire range down town that isn't bad. I haven't been to it myself, but I was told there is a rifle range past the Flying J in Jerome. Other then that you just need to get lucky and find a spot out in the desert, the further out you go the better.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Man, I love Idaho! I grew up in emmett and meridian, I miss it and can't wait to get back after this enlistment! I plan up spending some time up north though.
    "If man does his best what else is there?"
    - George S. Patton

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by reccerecon View Post
    There's an indoor pistol/rem fire range down town that isn't bad. I haven't been to it myself, but I was told there is a rifle range past the Flying J in Jerome. Other then that you just need to get lucky and find a spot out in the desert, the further out you go the better.
    Yeah I was going out over the canyon in the morning until someone started shooting over me, same with the south hills, it would be nice if I didn't have to drive 45 mins one way I'd be able to go out more

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've had that happen to me before too. I've even had some idiots drive their dirt bikes down range form me after seeing that I was getting ready to shoot. Have you tried the Buhl range? I've only seen the sign for it and haven't been there myself.
    Last edited by reccerecon; 02-13-12 at 22:20.

Feedback Score
    No I haven't seen the sign I've only been here for I a little while I was stationed at mountain home for 6 years though... There is pretty hefty shooting bench built into the Indian springs area but alot of dirt bikers out there doing the same thing

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Welcome to the area and thank you for your service. I haven't been out towards Buhl in awhile, but I'll check it out the next time I do. I don't know why Twin Falls County doesn't have a rifle range, maybe someday. There is a range over by Shoshone Falls that the LEOs use, but I don't think it's open to the public. If your into trap shooting there is a shotgun club by the canyon. I've been trying to find a place to do low/no light shooting, but I can't get a solid answer from the city or county.

Feedback Score
    Yeah it's a great area I'll just have to keep fighting off the inconsiderate people in the mean time

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A little north of CDA myself, back in the mountains. I've lived both in the CDA and Boise areas and would pick North Idaho any day of the week. But I'm allergic to heat, even if it's dry heat.

Post Falls has Center Target Sports, best shooting range in the country in 2010 according to some big gun rag (can't remember which). Indoor range and small, but good education program and the least gomerish staff I've come across at a range/shop before.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rackham1 View Post
    A little north of CDA myself, back in the mountains.
    Oh yeah? What mountains? I live back in Twin Lakes between Rathdrum and Spirit Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by rackham1 View Post
    Post Falls has Center Target Sports, best shooting range in the country in 2010 according to some big gun rag (can't remember which). Indoor range and small, but good education program and the least gomerish staff I've come across at a range/shop before.
    I agree. But it does seem like every time I go into that place I get into a friendly argument with someone on staff. Then once I get home I look up the answer and I'm always correct.
    Last edited by HaydenB; 02-15-12 at 01:13.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast