Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM 14.5 Mid Length T&E/Range Report

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    In addition to the ammo above, we also fired a small amount of Swiss RUAG 55gr. M193 ammo. This ammo is (was) some of the best 5.56 I have ever shot and I regret that there isn't more on the market.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jman4427 View Post
    Retreat, you may have said it before but is your brake pinned or did you sbr it?

BTW, that thing is sweet.
    Thanks! To be honest, I really want to get another one in the exact same configuration as the one featured above that markm and Iraqgunz are testing and evaluating. It looks pretty badass too!

Mine's an SBR right now. But I think I am going to have it perm attached sometime soon, I was just too impatient to ship it off to Gotm4 when I first received it to have it done, because I wanted to shoot it so bad right then. But it's an unnecessary pain to have a 14.5" gun as an SBR since it's well over 16" anyways with the Surefire brake installed. It'll be better if the brake is perm attached so I don't have to worry about only using certain lowers and can take it across state lines and shoot it without having to get my "permission slip" from BATFE.
    S/F
    Paul

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I know. It's early still, but this upper may make most of my ARs obsolete. I mean... they're still functional, but when you realize there's something so much better out there....
    you'll be running RDSs and ordering after-market muzzle devices before you know it.

Feedback Score
    I have the exact setup with ~500-ish rounds of XM193 thru it.... flawless

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Speer M193 felt just fine.
    Off topic, but Speer Lawman M193 is just XM193 in Speer's box.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetreatHell View Post
    But with the middy gas system, I get to have an extra 2" of rail-estate for my support hand running the DD 9" Lite rail, allowing much more flexibility for my hand placement, as well as accessories.
    No kidding! I'm coming from the KAC RAS to a 12" rail!!! All this rail space is easy to get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    you'll be running RDSs and ordering after-market muzzle devices before you know it.
    I'll get pics of the final weapon set up next time gunz and I get out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Having run a 14.5" barrel and a 12" rail, I was always surprised that the upper wasn't more front heavy. Lite rails are pretty amazing, I'd like to try one of these with an 11" VTAC Extreme rail some day. I thought I was through with 14.5" barrels, but this may change my mind, especially now that reconfiguring them is as easy as swapping Lite rails or VTAC rails.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Great thread guys, thanks for taking the time to do this.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I hope they come out with a BFH version soon. It may kick the 16" right out the door. It is interesting how much difference that 1.5" makes.
    Last edited by dp0350; 06-22-10 at 19:26.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My next upper for sure..

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast