Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: July training day?

Feedback Score
    Hey - I might be able to make that next training day - do you have to have a membership at OKC GC to get in?

For what its worth, all the training I've been doing lately has been with home-made targets (ghetto, I know - but then again, I am shooting in Okmulgee's illustrious WMA garbage-dump/shooting range). Some $.50 Yard sticks (sharpened on my scroll saw), some $1 foam-board from Dollar Tree (cut in half, it makes two targets), some 3M double-sided tape and markers means I can throw them all away when I'm done.

Last edited by EZ Bake; 07-09-10 at 11:01.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Right on dude. Come on out. One of us will have to meet you at the gate to let you in but that's no big deal. We meet at the action pistol bays/cowboy action side off Hiwassee.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Cardboard + cheapo paper plates + 3x5 cards = super cheap targets, man. Lot quicker to toss up/change out than those paper jobbers, too.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    I've got a handful of Magpul targets rolled up in the garage that I can bring
    Doc Todd

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I came up with my own "qual" course and need to name it. Iwas thinking the name should include snob or elite or something along those lines. I didn't like the D platoon qual so I made my own. It's 30 rounds total being 25 rifle and 5 pistol. I just ballparked the time limits though so we will need to tweek them some.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Soooo.... I have a freaking ear infection. Hopefully I'll be good to go by Friday.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well, I'm not going to be able to make it Friday. I have to be in Chickasha that evening for my mom's surprise bday party... our normal time won't get me out of there in time to make it home, clean up, and make it down there. Unless I'm only at the range for a real short while.

I don't think earlier in the day is doable, is it? Josh-L is still working.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yeah I'm working. I could see if I could take off though. I really don't want to shoot in the 100+ heat in the afternoon since I'm on antibiotics.
    Last edited by Josh-L; 07-20-10 at 07:52.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well, don't burn a vacation day just to accommodate me. If I show up a little early and cut out a little early I might even be able to make the afternoon version...
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Just pulled up the schedule and my sgt has already taken off so I can't.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast