Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Source of cheap alice frames?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'd like to try one myself and then have my pack modified by TT, but I'm afraid of investing more on a high-speed alice pack than I would have spent for an eberlestock or even kifaru. HSGI has some awesome products for alice mods, but once again, for the price I may as well buy something built with integrated technologies.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatoCATM View Post
    I'd like to try one myself and then have my pack modified by TT, but I'm afraid of investing more on a high-speed alice pack than I would have spent for an eberlestock or even kifaru. HSGI has some awesome products for alice mods, but once again, for the price I may as well buy something built with integrated technologies.
    I hear ya. What I had originally planned to do was add alice frames to my packs and use the shoulder straps and waist belt from a molle pack after seeing some other people do this. I got my alice packs yesterday however, and I'm not sure that I want to spend that kind of money on them right now. I got 2 mediums for $5 and a large for $7. The large is in great shape with along with one of the mediums with the other medium in pretty decent shape. What's kind of bothered me is that all of them showed some of the threads on the frame yoke(is that what it's called?) giving away. So for now I just got a frame set for the large pack and some woodland straps for the mediums(running them frameless for now I guess).

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I completely forgot about the Down East Frame.

The best modern option next to a NICE frame from Mystery Ranch.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatoCATM View Post
    If you're interested in an ALICE type pack check out the TT MALICE. It's a lot nicer than a modded ALICE and uses better nylon throughout. You can get them pretty cheap if you look around. I've had up to 120lbs in mine with no tearing or visible wear to the seams and I'm no stranger to the rucksack flop which is really hard on frames and bags.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    http://www.govliquidation.com/auctio...ck&cmd=keyword

You'd have to buy a bunch but the prices are right. Then you have to pick them up or have them shipped.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12