Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Source of cheap alice frames?

Feedback Score

Source of cheap alice frames?

I've been planning on picking up a few alice packs and wondered if anyone had a source for cheap frames. I want just the frames because I hope to upgrade the straps and belt.

Feedback Score
    armygear.net has the pack and the frame for $26.95, not sure if that is cheap or not.

Feedback Score
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    BlackHawk has them new manufacture for around 30 I beleive Tactical tailor has some as well.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I was just looking at some of this stuff.

Go to Down East Inc. I think it is, they make a polymer frame, that you can get with upgraded straps, for not to much.

The reviews of the fram over at LightFighter have been good. Has me thinking of going the Large Alice route, for a cheap ruck.

Bob
    " Some people say..any tactic that works is a good tactic,...I say, anything can work once" former ABQ swat Sgt.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    How about a polymer frame?
    Down East Frame

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    In my experience the poly frames suck. They break under stress unlike the old ALICE which bends. If I remember correctly the polymer frames are heavier too.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Plato,
    Thats the one I'm talking about, looks good.

There is some talk of them on LF. Apparently, they are pretty tough. The web sits shows testing they've done, where it has survived simulated, or real, can't remember, jumps

Bob
    " Some people say..any tactic that works is a good tactic,...I say, anything can work once" former ABQ swat Sgt.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R Moran View Post
    I was just looking at some of this stuff.

Go to Down East Inc. I think it is, they make a polymer frame, that you can get with upgraded straps, for not to much.

The reviews of the fram over at LightFighter have been good. Has me thinking of going the Large Alice route, for a cheap ruck.

Bob
    What Bob said^ Go with the Down East.

It is well-reviewed and I am going to try a couple myself.

The nice thing is you can use better suspensions with them than the awful standard Alice ones.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    In my experience the poly frames suck. They break under stress unlike the old ALICE which bends. If I remember correctly the polymer frames are heavier too.
    We are several frame generations beyond the atrocious early black Molle frames now.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast