Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG Rifle Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    Nice 553LB, I assume those are JDI imports? Are you going to SBR?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlsatian View Post
    Nice 553LB, I assume those are JDI imports? Are you going to SBR?
    Yes. (JDI).

Thanks. I don't really know what I will do - just yet.

Feedback Score
    I SBR'd my 553 and it is wonderful. I suppose you could make the 551 into a title one rifle with one of Michael's Machines extenstions and the 922(r) parts. They are wonderful rifles, cant go wrong. I would stock up on the 20 rd mags while they are fairly cheap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlsatian View Post
    I SBR'd my 553 and it is wonderful. I suppose you could make the 551 into a title one rifle with one of Michael's Machines extenstions and the 922(r) parts. They are wonderful rifles, cant go wrong. I would stock up on the 20 rd mags while they are fairly cheap.
    Good ideas. Thanks.

We are fortunate to have these. Dave gets it done !

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Definitely SBR those.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Technically, it's currently a pistol. Right up until the day my form 1 comes back approved, check cashed by ATF last week.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimslow View Post
    Technically, it's currently a pistol. Right up until the day my form 1 comes back approved, check cashed by ATF last week.

How do you like the mepro?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    How do you like the mepro?

For what it is, and what it does, I like it a lot. I've always had a pretty good astigmatism, so regular red dot sights have been a love/hate relationship for me. I messed with a first generation Trijicon reflex when they were brand new. The dual illuminated reflex sights are a nice crips reticle for me, versus the "starburst" or "comma" I see with an Aimpoint, so I like the concept. The dim reticles and wash out were kind of a buzzkill.

The M21 shows far less washout than the RX06, but it seems much bigger, and heavier. The M21 is STOUT. I picked up that battery powered illuminator/wash out remover and it does indeed get rid of the washout, but if it's on, it bleeds a bunch of light out of the collector. I did just order one of the polarizing filters from MAKO, so I'll see how that works out.

I've pretty much switched to 1x4 variable optics on all of my rifles, as my eyes aren't getting any better, but it seems any magnification on the Rattler is overkill.

For what the Rattler is, I'm thinking even the M21 is overkill, so I may look into one of the dual illuminated RMR's, on something like this.

https://www.anrdesignkydexholster.co...uct/anvl-ukon/
    Last edited by Nimslow; 08-23-18 at 20:26.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I got glasses for my astigmatism. My mcx sbr rocks an mro which is plenty good enough

i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    Previously did all design work at CGS Group, 2014-2024.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast