Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lewis Machine & Tool .308 MWS *Update pg 2*

AnchorStation Guest
    Hello to all! Not active at all over here but I'm all over SH for a while now as Anchor 06. Have some pics and initial reviews of the MWS over there.

I have had mine for just shy of a month now and I have zero regrets about the decision to sell off an AI with a NF F-1 to fund this thing.

Comming off a string of high end bolt rifles I was skeptical of a gassser that would be able to hold my interest...I was very wrong! The MWS is outstanding in every manner in regards to fit, function and most importantly accuracy.

I changed out the stock, trigger and some other items. BUIS i used MagPul, they are emergency sights and I dont see the logic in spening a bunch on something I'll never use. Optics are USO SN-4 1.5-6 JNG MOA ret (red ill).

Since this pic it has been kryloned but here it is right after I swapped everything out.

BTW although I did get mine at the original price I feel they would still be worth it at current pricing. IMO there is NOTHING close to the LMT untill you take an additional 2K leap to the KAC. For me the difference in cost was slated for optics and upgrades not to mention ammo.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That is a sexy moma for sure, job well done sir

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    So you took off the LMT SPOMOD and put the Magpul stock on?

AnchorStation Guest
    I have run SOPMOD stocks at work and play for going on 5 years and while it is still my first choice for a carbine it absolutly blows for prone position shots. So yes I took the LMT stock off the LMT rifle lol.

Here is the current incarnation...ditched the AFG for a VFG and reinstalled the FH as I'm going to get the ball rolling on a can so I'll be installing a QD mount soon. Oh and I applied the krylon camo.

Last edited by AnchorStation; 06-29-10 at 19:36.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Im not sure the term is subject appropriate, but that thing is absolutely RAVISHING!!!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Oh, that do look sweet. Takes balls to paint a brand new LMT MWS, nice work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Oh, that do look sweet. Takes balls to paint a brand new LMT MWS, nice work.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Now if I had balls, I would paint mine with a copperhead pattern like this one by "big tuna" at ar15.com

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post
    RAVISHING!!!
    Speaking of "it takes balls"....it either took a HUGE set of brass balls to use that adjective in this forum, or a complete lack thereof.

AnchorStation Guest
    Honestly guys Krylon is nothing to fear.

Now if it were Duracoat or Gunkote that would be another ball game but krylon is easily removed with Acetone and or MEK.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Which Smith Ent. Vortex fits on the LMT. Is it the one for the AR10? Does anyone know the twist rate for the threads?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast