Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I Need To Stop Chewing (Tobacco)!

Feedback Score

Exclamation I Need To Stop Chewing (Tobacco)!

Help me out guys. I have been chewing tobacco for nearly 20 years. I have quit a time or two and have started up again after some SHTF incident. I chew Copenhagen Pouches when ever I am not sleeping or eating. It is disgusting, unhealthy and expensive. Nicotine is a nasty drug. At times I feel as though it is the only thing that keeps me from choking the life out of stupid people.

I don't exactly have a stress free job or life. My life is ran by this stupid ****ing nicotine crutch. I am curious if any of you have quit and if you have any tips, tricks or advice? My wife is too damned pretty to kiss with a nasty chew mouth. My Son aspires to fly F-22's and my Daughter a Doctor. I would like to be around to see this.

Also, is there anyone here who wants to take the dive with me? Those who chew or have chewed will know that this his huge and it is hell to quit.

I have been looking at the following websites:
    KillTheCan.org and MyLastDip.com

Thanks for any support or advice,

O319.

Feedback Score
    I am in the same boat. Good luck.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin 1759

Feedback Score
    I feel ya.....I need to quit myself. I have a buddy that quit by chewing the mint and jerky stuff. He said that part of the addiction was the oral fixation.

Feedback Score

Quit with me!

I'm quiting July 5th, the day (morning) after Independence Day. Who's in? Come July 4th 2011, I'll have one more thing to celebrate.

I think I'm going to register at www.killthecan.org and join thier forum. I have to do this.

For me, there is always an excuse. No excuses this time. I wife said we could go to her family reunion Monday (the 5th). Gulp! Holy ****ing shit. NO EXCUSES! Better get some nicotine gum.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Why don't you quit drinking too!

I'm in the same boat with cigs... doesn't bother me much to quit until I have that first sip of a cold beer or some Jameson. And quitting cold beer by the pool while BBQ'ing in Vegas in the summer time is not gonna happen in this life time.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Holy crap. I feel guilty now. I hate being a slave to copenhagen, but I like the product. Between a stressful job and marriage I resigned to failure. I will try and get to the website. I have tried stepping down incrementally in the past, but that does not work. For that reason I think the gum would be out too. I like the july 5th date. Count me in and wish me luck. Good luck to you guys too.
    "Oh, its a wonderful day! My sun is shining, my birds are chirping, my humongous chicken defeated Elmo." Huxley

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well all I can say is I wish you the best and if you need us then you know where to find us for support.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by irishluck73 View Post
    Why don't you quit drinking too!

I'm in the same boat with cigs... doesn't bother me much to quit until I have that first sip of a cold beer or some Jameson. And quitting cold beer by the pool while BBQ'ing in Vegas in the summer time is not gonna happen in this life time.
    I may have to quit drinking for a minute

The next time YOU get me drunk I'll be nicotine free...which kinda sucks, but needs to happen.

Don't be a pansy. Quit the shit with me. For the baby....

Feedback Score
    I have to admit the first time I quit smoking I did it by taking up chew. I hated chewing so much that it was easy to quit.

But if I actually liked chewing, then I don't know what I would have done.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotguyo540 View Post
    Holy crap. I feel guilty now. I hate being a slave to copenhagen, but I like the product. Between a stressful job and marriage I resigned to failure. I will try and get to the website. I have tried stepping down incrementally in the past, but that does not work. For that reason I think the gum would be out too. I like the july 5th date. Count me in and wish me luck. Good luck to you guys too.
    Hells yes! See you there man. Just thinking about it scares me to death. I don't know if it will help, but I registered at mylastdip.com and they already had someone contact me. They send support material and pay you $15 to do a couple of surveys about your quiting. Why not? Might as well commit.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast