Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I Need To Stop Chewing (Tobacco)!

Feedback Score
    Actually I find getting off nicotine to be easy, its just that I don't want to. At times I will take a month brake or whatnot.

I started using tobacco by smoking Djarum Black clove cigarettes. Before this I occasionally used hookah, but it wasn't an all the time thing. I actually quit smoking by using Swedish Snus. Its like dip, but with salt and no carcinogens. Apparently the Swedes regulate it like a food product. I have since quit using snus because it is now taxed under Obamas pact act making it more expensive. I do highly recommend this product as it will give you nicotine while significantly lowering your risks.

More information here: http://www.swedishmatch.com/en/Snus-and-health/

I have started to use dip now (Copenhagen Wintergreen) which I can get for $2.54. I like it, but spitting is annoying, and I can already tell its tearing up my gums.
    Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MG Lincoln View Post
    Actually I find getting off nicotine to be easy, its just that I don't want to. At times I will take a month brake or whatnot.
    Spoken like a true addict.
    As the great warrior poet Ice-Cube once said, "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

Feedback Score
    I think i will join you on this quest to kick the can. I chewed Cope for maybe 12 years or so (say 3 cans a week)
    I decided one day that I had enough. I quit colded turkey, it was tough but managable. After 3 years off the stuff, I stopped at the store for a can on my way to a hog hunt in south Florida. You would think I never quit. I can't explain why I did it or what was going through my mind, but I've been 100% addicted since then (5 years or so). Hopefully this time I can stay the course. Best wishes to you.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Best of luck to you.
    I have been dipping for 1/2 of my life and I have noticed that my usage has increased over the past 12 months. I know I need to quit, but I'm not ready to give it up just yet.

I am outdoors a lot with my job, and being the summer time it seems there is some type of yard work to do every night when I get home from work. I think this time of year would be the hardest time of year for me to quit.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Thumbs up

Started with Pipe Smoking (cigarettes were for Godless heathen savages, and low-class scum).

Then went to Skoal.

Then went to cigarettes about 5 years ago. Tried getting off the 'sticks by going back to Skoal.

Didn't work.

Just bought a new pipe about two weeks ago. So far, it's worked. Pipe tobacco is infinitely better tasting than cigarettes. I don't inhale, so my lungs aren't taking the beating they were, and, most importantly of all, running isn't as hard.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Dip

I started chewing in 7th grade and have done it ever since off and on one of the best thing that works for me is the GYM that seems to take alot of the ANGER and other issues out of it for me. Good luck and its well worth it. Plus think of the money you will save.....

Feedback Score
    O319,
    July 5th huh? I'll join ya. I had quit for over 15 years, and then at a softball game my buddie busts out a bag of Levi Garret, aahhhhh...... the good 'ol days of baseball and spit everywhere. That was 10 years ago. Since then I've fallen back to the can, and I'm ready to quit, again. I'll join you on the quest. July 5th, I'm in. On top of it all, WA has some of the highest, if not THE highest, tobacco taxes in the nation. I could get another gun!!!
    Last edited by Hapainwa; 07-01-10 at 21:52. Reason: add notes

Feedback Score
    E.W., Hapainwa, ****IN' A! Welcome and thank you for coming with me.

This is really going to suck. 3 more days. I have anxiety just thinking/typing about it. Junky.

Thanks for any and all the support. It will make it easier to stay quit and commit with you guys that are quitting with me.

Quitters:
    Me
    Pilotguyo405
    Irishluck73
    E.W.
    Hapainwa

Ya'll are going to be hating my ass a week from now. We'll get through it.

More are welcome to quit too. BTW, thanks to a tax increase, a can of Cope now costs over $6 in UT. Hell no.

Feedback Score
    O319,

I just came into work and found the PM shifters had raided my new can from yesterday. I head out to pick up my last can. We're over $7 a can here.

Feedback Score
    I just bought my last 2 cans. $13! That's a box of ammo.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast