Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the most you have ever paid for a folder

Feedback Score

What is the most you have ever paid for a folder

I was looking through a recent issue of guns and ammo and I saw an ad for the sure fire folder. It seemed to have some great features, so I decided to look into it a little deeper. I went to the sure fire web page and looked at some lights before i found the knife section. I pulled up the info on the folder and the price came up.........$425 I almost shit my self. Has anyone every actually paid anything close to that for a folder. the most i have ever paid was $125 for an hk assisted opener. Just please tell me im not alone in thinking this way to much for folder.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Manley View Post
    Just please tell me im not alone in thinking this way to much for folder.
    I'm sure you are not alone, but I spent over $500 for a Strider SMF. Its only money.

Feedback Score

$500 folders

I paid over $600 for my Strider SMF because UPS charged me close to $100 for Customs brokerage fees. Also included in that difference was shipping & handling and the exchange. Yeah, it's alot for a knife but it's my favorite EDC. It's feels different from my other knives. It's built like a tank and got that industrial grade finish that my other knives don't. If it's important to you, then it'll be worth it. My other folders are production folders in the $250-$350 price range. It's all relative and none of them are safe queens.
    "Most standards are set low to accomodate the bottom feeders of life who lack the personal pride, motivation and determination to rise above the rest." - Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    I guess I'd have to side with the guys who have spent $500+ on a folder.

Feedback Score
    $550 for an Elishewitz Custom Warlock. The woman thinks I paid like $100 for it.

Feedback Score

WOMEN

Yes my loving bride thinks I own one weapon since I only carry one at a time.

Feedback Score
    Maybe im jsut being cheap cause Im only 23 and I just bought a house

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Manley View Post
    Maybe im jsut being cheap cause Im only 23 and I just bought a house
    No way man, The most I've ever spent was close to $200. I've spent over $300 on a strider fixed blade. My team each were issued 2 benchmade auto's when we were over seas(I some how was issued 3 ) and those retail at $190 at least.
    If you are rollin in dough like some of the dudes around here then go for it...why not.

The bright side of the surfire knives is they are limited runs made by extremely accredited blade smiths- you wont loose if you buy one.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    $400 on a SMF...
    Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    Ambrose Redmoon

Feedback Score
    I paid $165 for my Benchmande Elishewitz Sentinel.

Interestingly, my cheapo Benchmade Pika takes and keeps a much better edge . . . all for $35.

Disconnector

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast