Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: oldcrusty72's DSA OSW

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Very schweet primary!!

Do you load your mags to the max (whether 20 or 30)?
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    oldcrusty, the Aussie gov't surplussed some of your SLR's out to the States here about 6-7 years ago as parts kits, some were in excellent shape, and a lot showed some pretty serious use.

Templar, that makes me even more upset knowing that not only can you guys have nice rilfes and we can't but you got all ours too, that sucks so bad. At least someones getting use from them i guess. It was a sad day when we lost them and went for the Steyr.

Carlos, yes mate i fill my mags right up. 20 and 30.

I also got another of my old FN's back the other day, KevinB and myself have been making some parts for it to get it up and running. It's basicly complete now although pretty dodgy. It cycled fine today but needed a heap of oil to keep it running. Now that we know it's working fine will get some propper parts to replace all our "Special" parts. I'll see if KevinB got any pics from the range today that show it.

Tim

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Not trying to take this too far off topic oldcrusty, but here's one of your SLR's reborn....

One of the other staff guys on AKForum, JohnO, rebuilt it, along with a S.A. R1.

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Very Nice That brings back some fond memories, I think I still have my issued Black Parade Sling for one of them too. There quite long for close counrty/jungle use but were well worth the effort of carrying.

Very Jelous mate, Very!!

Feedback Score
    Oh yeah, I been meaning to mention too. If you have noticed that i have taken off the DSA Quick release gas plug off and fitted an origional. I found that daily carry getting in and out of vehicles the Quick release tended to turn itself around just enough to block the gas port. So in effect turning it into a single shot (no gas no cycle the action). I had found it like that a few times but didn't think much of it, just turned it around back to the normal position. It only happened once on the road going for the second shot and "stoppage", luckily the car stopped too. I replaced it as soon as i got back from the mission with the original one.

Tim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123