Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: my first post here...finally...and lookin for a little help

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by champ198 View Post
    the roll pin and gas tube are junk cause they are from DPMS?
    Maybe. But the price difference between those and something you KNOW isn't junk is what exactly?

honestly i cant make front from back on it.....i read the first part of the thread but still dont understand it.
    You need to do some auxiliary reading. Read the threads inside of this link. The chart without the knowledge of what is getting checks is pretty useless.
    http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7009

...now as far as the other site....yep you bet i went over there and asked the same thing......as did i on another forum as well as asking a few diffrent people about the same thing.....its funny that out of all the people i have asked and diffrent forums i have been to asking the same thing......this is the only one that was telling me to visit their own site sponsors and pretty much telling me that the whole thing other than 3 parts is junk.
    Which says a lot about who knows what...but I guess you want to interpret that differently.

i cant afford to drop $1800 on one gun...its jsut not gonna happen......to even make this build happen ill have to buy it one piece at a time...and will probably take me months to get it all done.
    Did you read the suggestions at all or did you just notice that they don't agree with you and assume that they were going to cost you significantly more?

Get a quality base rifle and add things like your rail system later when you can afford it. For that matter instead of piecing it together and paying multiple shipping fees, save up and buy the damned rifle like Spamsammich recommended.

...but some of the replys i got here i jsut dont agree with.
    I guess I'm confused why you asked if you know the answers. If you can't afford to save two or three hundred extra dollars, I personally think you should evaluate the notion that you can afford such a rifle at all.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

LOL

Look man, sorry for not explaining the chart to you. But it is clear cut that a 4th grader can understand. I figured you would have read the posts already, linked by my esteemed colleague above. It is clear that you want something cheap to go show off to you buds while drinking beer. Have fun, most of us here are in a chosen field or profession where our equipment can mean our lives. So if you can't handle the info we give go back to TOS and play with them.

Ignorance is nice till you learn and gain an understanding after that if you still act ignorant it is just plain stupidity!
    Last edited by jklaughrey; 07-05-10 at 09:59.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    +1 for buzz off. And spend a little money that you were going to spend on junk on some remedial English classes. Pay particular attention to punctuation, sentence structure, and use of paragraphs. This will help you to more easily communicate your lack of intelligence to others.

Feedback Score
    well i will have to say this....the replys i have got since my last post show how this site is.......you are right...ill leave sure shows how this site is ran thats for damn sure.

and as for my Punctual and spelling.....sorry its not up to your standards here on this forum........guess all of the writing for fishing magazines dosent count...but oh well my job dont depend on spelling and anything with this site so you all can kiss my ass later jackoffs

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Really!

After all this it has become quite clear your intent was to find validation on your poor choices in parts versus actually wanting to learn and gain valuable knowledge.

Goodbye!
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    well i will have to say this....the replys i have got since my last post show how this site is.......you are right...ill leave sure shows how this site is ran thats for damn sure.

and as for my Punctual and spelling.....sorry its not up to your standards here on this forum........guess all of the writing for fishing magazines dosent count...but oh well my job dont depend on spelling and anything with this site so you all can kiss my ass later jackoffs
    Goodbye.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I honestly thought I was giving you the best way to build a high quality rifle for a dirt shooter/bubba gun price. The fact that several people would also recommend a company whose owner is a marine and fully stands behind his high quality offerings would be what most people consider to be a clue. BCM has nearly legendary customer service and I never intentionally steer people wrong. The fact that smarter and more accomplished people than I choose them on this site and on barfcom should be yet another clue. I was trying to be helpful without being caustic. I have been in your utterly clueless shoes before and was merely trying to save you money on tools and parts. When you ask for advice on a subject you admittedly know little about, is it wise to ignore consensus and dismiss ideas that fall outside your tiny box of knowledge on the topic?

I am sorry if you somehow felt I was pimping BCM for some nefarious reason but as long as they continue to offer the best bang for the buck of anyone claiming to produce milspec rifles, I'll keep pimping them. I'm trying to teach you to fish buddy. But thanks for biting the hand that is feeding you. These other guys have been pretty tough on you but I hope you can grow skin thick enough to get past that. This site is the best source out there currently for tech data on the ar platform if real world experience and industry expert info is important to you.
    Last edited by spamsammich; 07-05-10 at 14:29.

Feedback Score

Some great/excellent advice has been given and if you want a good "quality" all around carbine type weapon, I'd follow it. Don't take this the wrong way, but this forum is about obtaining and training with quality firearms...substandard parts don't fly here. For the money you want to spend, you can get a complete "quality" rifle or just delay until you can save a couple hundred dinero to get it and won't have to worry about your weapon going Tango Uniform during training and one you could bet your life on. Stay and read more.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    With all due respect, the pricing difference between the components you allude to in the original post vs what has been suggested is probably not more that a case of decent ammo.

I can only see that being a factor if you only intend to look at it and show it to your buds.

If the advice is a problematic factor you might consider not buying/building at all based on what was offered here.

And, if you take recommending site sponsors negatively that is your prerogative. They are recommended because you can rely on them. The fact is that buying from said outlets vs the commercial ones you to which you refer will likely result in a profoundly different end result.

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Spam probably said it as civilly as possible.

The advice given on this site is almost always top notch, IMHO. Having spent plenty of time drudging through the muck of l33tspeak and internet memes to find the ingots of useful information on places like TOS, it was refreshing to find that there is a no-nonsense approach to what is proffered on this particular site. It is a more professional, more accurate, and most importantly, more experience-based source from which to obtain advice.

As the adage goes: buy once, cry once. If you pine for something more expensive and buy a less expensive alternative only to save up the money to pay for the original item you wanted, you just spent the money twice. These lessons can be expensive and filled with regret.

Regardless, to the OP, good luck to you. But then again, some people cannot be helped until they help themselves.
    "We are oft to blame in this / 'Tis too much proved -- that with devotion's visage / And pious action we do sugar o'er / The devil himself."
    Μολὼν λαβέ | NRA Lifetime Member

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast