Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Pictures from a recent Magpul Dynamics Precision Rifle course

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Hoser getting into position with Costa's LaRue OBR, me getting into position with the another LaRue OBR ... both with Nightforce 2.5-10x optics (old x24 version and newer x32 version)

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Moving onto the next stage of the drill:

Hoser's AIAW in .243 w/ suppressor, almost no recoil, simply a pleasure to shoot.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I've been looking forward to this day for several months ... these are the last pics of the 2010 classes .... hope everyone enjoyed the picture threads

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC03 View Post
    I've been looking forward to this day for several months ... these are the last pics of the 2010 classes .... hope everyone enjoyed the picture threads
    I truly enjoyed all the pics! Thanks so much!

And this OBR is my favorite weapon now. Looks sleek and classy.

What do you think of the low rings/scope height? What's the scope height at along with the OBR rail? Is it hard to get a good cheek weld? It looks to be much lower than the standard AR's ~2.4" height if one was running a scope with a mount like a Larue LT104 or LT158.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    On the OBR's there is 20MOA of cant built into the top rail so lower rings are needed unless you just like a really high optic or want to use a cheek riser.

And thanks USMC for all the pics!

Feedback Score
    When I first saw the rifle, it looked a bit odd. Whatever the explanation, it works. I have a big, fat head and it lined up just right for me. I think it being a bigger AR reciever, and the 2.5-10s svelte bell and ocular dimension compared to usual ratios with the tube, and it kind fo looks odd. Like a 22lr scope on an AR. Funny looking, maybe; fun to shoot, definately.
    I just did two lines of powdered wig powder, cranked up some Lee Greenwood, and recited the BoR. - Outlander Systems

I'm a professional WAGer - WillBrink /// "Comey is a smarmy, self righteous mix of J. Edgar Hoover and a gay Lurch from the "Adams Family"." -Averageman

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawDon View Post
    I truly enjoyed all the pics! Thanks so much!

And this OBR is my favorite weapon now. Looks sleek and classy.

What do you think of the low rings/scope height? What's the scope height at along with the OBR rail? Is it hard to get a good cheek weld? It looks to be much lower than the standard AR's ~2.4" height if one was running a scope with a mount like a Larue LT104 or LT158.

The rail on the OBR is higher than the rail on a standard AR15. As a result I wanted to get the scope mounted as low as possible so I didn't have to use a cheek riser on the stock. So I used the NF 2.5-10x32 and the LaRue rings for the Remington 700 scope mount to get the scope as low as possible to offset the higher rail.

I don't know the exact height of the scope, based on feel, it feels as if it's just slightly higher than a standard AR w/ a scope in a LaRue SPR 1.5 mount.

Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Just wondering how those SF brakes work on the 16"? I know SF has come out with the non-reflex version of the brake (like the 556 MB556k).

Looks like they kick up a lot of debris/dust...? Hows the concussion?

Thanks for posting the pics...
    I have the same (or very similar) brake on my LMT MWS. I love it.

I had a new shooter try one shot with this rifle, and she thought it felt smoother and easier to shoot than her new "vanilla" AR 5.56 carbine.
    http://parrotheadjeff.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Shooter-Jack-rkba.gif

Feedback Score
    Necro!

Can't believe that this was 5 years ago. It was a lot of fun- shooting steel all day long. This was also one of the last Chris and Travis shows.
    I just did two lines of powdered wig powder, cranked up some Lee Greenwood, and recited the BoR. - Outlander Systems

I'm a professional WAGer - WillBrink /// "Comey is a smarmy, self righteous mix of J. Edgar Hoover and a gay Lurch from the "Adams Family"." -Averageman

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Time flies! I was thinking the same thing. And amazing how gear has evolved, although I have that same rifle, and it's still a tack driver.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011