G&R Tactical
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 110

Thread: Pictures from a recent Magpul Dynamics Precision Rifle course

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,125
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)












    Costa with his LaRue OBR and Nightforce 1-4x with Aimpoint Micro in a LaRue offset .... Travis on the SPOTR:

























    Hozer, your AIAW in .243 is nothing short of AWESOME and a pleasure to shoot ... only down side is the buttplate and muzzle end of the gun are in two different zip codes ... the AIAW with the supressor it makes a Civil War musket feel like a SBR




    Costa running his Nighthawk Custom .308 with Nightforce optic:






    BCM mid-length with Nightforce 2.5-10x32 scope .... (I'm hoping to have a review of this optic finished in the next few weeks):










    Student with a Desert Tactical Arms rifle and Premire Reticle optic:




    LaRue OBR with Nightforce 2.5-10x32:


    We did do some positional shooting in class ... Sitting:






    Hozer getting rounds down range on the LaRue OBR from the squatting position:
    Last edited by VA_Dinger; 07-21-10 at 23:31.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    5,954
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)


    Definitely a DPMS, but based on the finish on the barrel and the gas block, it might be a GAP built rifle, or another precision shop.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    219
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    [QUOTE=USMC03;704344]1) Were you refering to a specific platform

    or

    2) all the guns in class?????????
    [/QUOTE

    2) for a precision shooting a long barrel is almost needed, i just wanted to know if there were allot of longer barrels then the norm m-4 16'' barrel,,

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    11,864
    Feedback Score
    0
    [QUOTE=chavez_e_chavez;705143]
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC03 View Post
    1) Were you refering to a specific platform

    or

    2) all the guns in class?????????
    [/QUOTE

    2) for a precision shooting a long barrel is almost needed, i just wanted to know if there were allot of longer barrels then the norm m-4 16'' barrel,,
    Maybe I'm biased now, but I don't consider 400 yards long any more

    I had as my back-up gun my BCM 410SS 16 inch and it did more than fine the few times I shot it in class.

    Maybe longer barrels are inherently more accurate, I'm no internal ballistics expert. Since we were all shooting glass, the length of the barrel adding to the sight radius- which can be a real benefit- was not an issue.

    IIRC, Costa had a 16-18 inch 7.62 gas gun with him that he said recently he was shooting out to 1000 yards (at a mile altitude if that makes a difference) with 175 gr ammo. If enough of the powder is burning....
    I just did two lines of powdered wig powder, cranked up some Lee Greenwood, and recited the BoR. - Outlander Systems

    I'm a professional WAGer - WillBrink /// "Comey is a smarmy, self righteous mix of J. Edgar Hoover and a gay Lurch from the "Adams Family"." -Averageman

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    219
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    [QUOTE=FromMyColdDeadHand;705391]
    Quote Originally Posted by chavez_e_chavez View Post

    Maybe I'm biased now, but I don't consider 400 yards long any more

    I had as my back-up gun my BCM 410SS 16 inch and it did more than fine the few times I shot it in class.

    Maybe longer barrels are inherently more accurate, I'm no internal ballistics expert. Since we were all shooting glass, the length of the barrel adding to the sight radius- which can be a real benefit- was not an issue.

    IIRC, Costa had a 16-18 inch 7.62 gas gun with him that he said recently he was shooting out to 1000 yards (at a mile altitude if that makes a difference) with 175 gr ammo. If enough of the powder is burning....
    thanks bro

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,125
    Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    Thank you for the kind words, MCDH. I was being sarcastic, it's true. Jeff, I've heard that too much time behind the scope in hot weather can be hard on a guy, and that the sense of humor goes first. Or is it good looks that go first, then sense of humor?

    Also, I just noticed that the titles of the posts don't always show up- and the title of the second post was "On a serious note..."

    Cameron

    Sorry I didn't see the "On a serious note" because it wasn't in the body of the message ... generally I have been replying to threads from the email notifications because I have been having problems with this board (screen comes up as dark brown, no lines between posts, everything looks screwed up, and it's very hard to read the black text on the dark brown background) and I just don't have time to visit the boards.



    ****************************************************



    Costa getting some trigger time on the LaRue OBR while Travis spots:


    FromMyColdDeadHands:




    LEO from Nevada with a .223 Remington 700 and Gem-Tech M4-02 suppressor:





  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    70
    Feedback Score
    0
    One thing I got from the class is a AIAW with a 27 inch barrel and can get heavy in a hurry when shooting from anything other than prone.

    That and Jeff pointed out that a flashlight recoils more than my rifle...

    If I can get some free time I will try to write up an AAR.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    11,864
    Feedback Score
    0
    If anyone has suggestions on how to get more dynamic pics of bolt guns, I'm all for them. I took the pics of Chris above and it is almost a non event with that nice flash suppressor on there, and of course- not flash. It hardly disturbed the dirt/sand/dust that the OBR brakes where kicking up. Trying to catch brass flying would have his hand occluding his face due to manipulating the bolt. Guess I need to time the bullet coming out better- it will streak 2 feet or so at 1/8000 shutter speed
    I just did two lines of powdered wig powder, cranked up some Lee Greenwood, and recited the BoR. - Outlander Systems

    I'm a professional WAGer - WillBrink /// "Comey is a smarmy, self righteous mix of J. Edgar Hoover and a gay Lurch from the "Adams Family"." -Averageman

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    567
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hozer View Post
    One thing I got from the class is a AIAW with a 27 inch barrel and can get heavy in a hurry when shooting from anything other than prone.

    That and Jeff pointed out that a flashlight recoils more than my rifle...

    If I can get some free time I will try to write up an AAR.
    that would be awesome
    Dan Miami, FL

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Deland
    Posts
    65
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Dude, no shit...

    Hozer's AI .243 with the can recoils more from operating the bolt than shooting it.
    Mike Olivella
    Airborne Training Director
    Solkoa, Inc.


    www.solkoa.com

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •