Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IDPA officially endorses multi gun

Feedback Score

IDPA officially endorses multi gun

The last announcement we have for you is also a big one. IDPA is very pleased to announce IDPA Defensive Multi Gun. IDPA was created around the defensive use of a handgun. However, we realize there are a lot of rifles and shotguns placed in closets, trunks, bedsides, etc. as defensive tools as well. In an effort to include the use of these tools, IDPA Defensive Multi Gun (DMG) was created. DMG was not created to replace existing IDPA matches. It is simply another format that clubs can use in addition to their regular IDPA matches. IDPA DMG is a stand alone match format that could be run after regular club matches or on different weekends for an extra challenge and fun. It is designed to be adaptable to the club's capabilities and you can incorporate any combination of pistols, shotguns and rifles.
    There are 4 divisions for DMG. There is an iron sight and optic sight division for major caliber rifles and there are iron sight and optic sight divisions for pistol caliber carbines only. We feel that the pistol caliber divisions will bring out a whole new level of challenge and fun to an already exciting format.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sounds like a great step forward for IDPA.
    Any chance of AIWB being allowed in the new format?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Sounds good.
    "If you're gonna be a bear...Be a ****ing Grizzly!"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Great news - looking forward to hearing more.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Does anyone know if the wording means 3 gun only? I dont have a shotgun, and it falls low on the list as it is, but would still love to do this.

Feedback Score
    I've been shooting my 9mm AR in local IDPA matches for years. If you are really honest, you'll realize that if you use your AR in self-defense, the shooting will look like an IDPA stage (distances too), not like Camp Perry.
    http://www.dvctargets.com - Promoting realism and excellence in combative shooting.

Feedback Score
    That's great news. I'm hoping this will mean pistol+carbine. A local range ran this 2-gun configuration until recently and it was great, especially for those of us who aren't into shotguns but would like more than the pistol.
    "I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
    -Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    You can get the provisional rules here: http://idpaforum.yuku.com/topic/6218...nal-Rules.html

Though it's good to see IDPA endorse multi-gun, I'm not so sure about the way they have it set up. It's more "home defense"-like than tactical-ish, as in no transitions from long gun to pistol, no box magazine shotguns, etc. Though, like IDPA does with handguns, it might get people who might be intimidated by the perceived equipment requirements of other 3-gun games to come out and get experience shooting their long guns.
    “All falsehood is a mask, and however well made the mask may be, with a little attention we may always distinguish it from the true face.”

State of Franklin Training Group

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sounds fun. Will have to go check one out.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I was shown an advance copy of these rules, and I was pleasantly surprised for the most part.

Also, having the benefit of running my own carbine matches for over 5 years, I appreciate many of the things that they included, not the least of which is the prohibition against having transition-to-pistol stages.

When you read through these rules make sure to read the whole thing, and think about how the rules work with one another. There are some that seem worse than they are once you take the whole picture in.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast