Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: IDPA officially endorses multi gun

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I have a different concept of what IDPA is.
    Just because you don't understand all of the founding precepts of IDPA does not make them any less so, and just because you want to use whatever whiz-bang you bolted on this week doesn't mean they are going to allow it. I'm still having a hard time believing you actually read the provisional Multi-Gun rules that this thread is supposed to be about, or the original IDPA rules, for that matter.

page 4
    the main goal is to test the skill and ability of
    the individual, not equipment or gamesmanship.
    page 5
    Provide a level playing field for all competitors to
    test the skill and ability of each individual, not equipment or gamesmanship.
    page 18
    IDPA founders hoped to create a practical shooting discipline that will not turn into an equipment race.
    Perhaps understanding this basic founding principal will help.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Just because you don't understand all of the founding precepts of IDPA does not make them any less so, and just because you want to use whatever whiz-bang you bolted on this week doesn't mean they are going to allow it. I'm still having a hard time believing you actually read the provisional Multi-Gun rules that this thread is supposed to be about, or the original IDPA rules, for that matter.

page 4

page 5

page 18

Perhaps understanding this basic founding principal will help.
    I understand the concepts and I have read the rules. We are having a disagreement on what those concepts mean.
    The fact is there will always be an equipment race all IDPA rules does is change the direction it goes. Also I am always open try try new equipment than can give me an edge in real life and in the game. You seem to think that is a bad thing. I think wanting to limit progress is a bad thing. I am willing to agree to disagree.
    I have a lot of respect for you and the contributions you have made to the Ar15 community. (Namely the Chart) Sorry if my posts offended you.
    pat
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 07-15-10 at 19:19.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Most have a difficult time of understanding what the founders of IDPA created. I too used to be a USPSA shooter (15+ years) and thought IPDA was a joke as they could not appreciate my 28 round, optic sighted, compensated racegun. After starting to shoot IDPA, I quickly learned to appreciate the logic of the creators and the bad habits learned in the previous sport.

As far as Bill Wilson creating a sport as a means to sell his high priced pistols, nothing is farther from the truth. One just has to look at the Nationals surveys over the last 8 years to see that Glocks and other low cost pistols dominate the sport. It's ironic that pistols such as STI and SVI are seldom seen. I guess when they learn to make a reliable magazine and follower that locks the slide back correctly, they may one day be considered for IDPA or as having potential for a self defense pistol (unless concealment is a consideration ).

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Most have a difficult time of understanding what the founders of IDPA created. I too used to be a USPSA shooter (15+ years) and thought IPDA was a joke as they could not appreciate my 28 round, optic sighted, compensated racegun. After starting to shoot IDPA, I quickly learned to appreciate the logic of the creators and the bad habits learned in the previous sport.

As far as Bill Wilson creating a sport as a means to sell his high priced pistols, nothing is farther from the truth. One just has to look at the Nationals surveys over the last 8 years to see that Glocks and other low cost pistols dominate the sport. It's ironic that pistols such as STI and SVI are seldom seen. I guess when they learn to make a reliable magazine and follower that locks the slide back correctly, they may one day be considered for IDPA or as having potential for a self defense pistol (unless concealment is a consideration ).
    I have seen a fair number of Trojan 9mm's in ESP in fact I used to use one. Sold it. The gun worked fine but needed the money to fund another project. One of our club members uses a Eagle in 40sw and loves it and I have never seen it choke on him. In our area Glocks are the most popular for SSP, CPD is 1911's with a smattering of Wilsons, Kimbers and Colts. ESP is dominated by Springfield XD's and a few 1911's in 9mm and 40sw.

IDPA is a fun sport. But at least in my area its simpler and its a great way to introduce new shooters to competative shooting. Once they get better they start shooting in USPSA and really start to have fun. Its kind of a training wheels sport.
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I feel just the opposite...reaching A Class in Limited provided a very basic foundation that, when I went to IDPA, I found myself lacking as the USPSA accuracy required was must less than IDPA requires. Since shooting IDPA, my shooting has greatly improved (i.e. accuracy). Speed is just as fast as always, just less points down.

Anyway, back to the top at hand.....what was it?.... oh yea.....IDPA Multi-Gun. Nuff said...
    Last edited by Singlestack Wonder; 07-15-10 at 21:51.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    I feel just the opposite...reaching A Class in Limited provided a very basic foundation that, when I went to IDPA, I found myself lacking as the USPSA accuracy required was must less than IDPA requires. Since shooting IDPA, my shooting has greatly improved (i.e. accuracy). Speed is just as fast as always, just less points down.

Anyway, back to the top at hand.....what was it?.... oh yea.....IDPA Multi-Gun. Nuff said...
    IDPA does stress accuracy more and I do like that about the sport. When I host outlaw three gun events I almost always use IDPA scoreing as base. But I find it harder to move up in USPSA. I guess its because accuracy has always been a strength for me and speed not so much. I am working hard on my speed right now. I have improved my draw to first round fired at 7 yards from 1.8 to 1.3 over the last few months. Congrats on A class. I am a long way from that. I am at the bottom of B in my best division. I hope to make it to Master Class some day in USPSA.

Back on topic. IDPA multi gun is a good thing no matter how it ends up because as Cold said its another option. Unfortunately in my state three gun matches are few and only in the summer.
    Pat
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 07-15-10 at 22:27.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score

IDPA MG

I'm glad to see that IDPA has got into MG, and wish them success.

The more people we have exercising their RKBA, the better.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789