Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tampa Area Gunshops?

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    This is what I got: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...s_id/411539620, and Vic was listed under the FFL selection part of checkout. His company also goes by T15 industries.

Good luck!

Feedback Score
    Here is basically what you have in Tampa...(I have lived there for over 30 yrs)

Shoot Straight Tampa

University Gun & Pawn

Shooting Sports of Tampa

Central Police Firearms & Safety (I think that's right)

...anyway, those are your biggest and most popular with the widest selection.

"IMO"

Largest Selection - Shoot Straight

Most product - Shoot Straight

Largest Facility - Shoot Straight

w/ Range - Shoot Straight
    Shooting Sports Tampa

Most Toxic - Shooting Sports Tampa

Best Prices - University Gun

Really, I have worked at about all of these places and dealing with this industry for over 15 years...really The best overall place is Shoot Straight, but there prices are not the cheapest.

They will work with you and they have a incredible selection, but Charlie at University will work the best with you on price, there selecton is pretty good.

Both do Class III, Charlie has more exotic, but for just best price if its in inventory I would pick University...and even if you have to order it, there is really no difference.

Velcro
    "surrounded Hell, Now we can just shoot in every direction" - Chesty Puller

VELCRO

.....but what do I know, I'm just a FK'N Armorer!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Ill check with university gun and see if they have what I want. If not, i think im going to go with Florida Ammo Traders. Thanks a lot for all the help, this saved me a lot of trouble.
    Last edited by Mr. Goodtimes; 08-14-11 at 20:59.

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    When I was at University a few days ago, they did have P30s..one in 9, one in 40. Sticker was $950 I think, and the guy I know offered me $900...didn't try to haggle further. If you go in, and you talk to the owner (Charlie), or the bald guy (can't remember his name at the moment), feel free to tell them that the "longhorn" guy sent you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Velcro View Post
    Here is basically what you have in Tampa...(I have lived there for over 30 yrs)
    That's about the size of it, though I've had good luck dealing with Florida Survivalist in the past.

Feedback Score
    For the past few days I've been talking to a retired SEAL about one gun shop owner in the area being a phony SEAL. I need to get more info from this particular phony SEAL before putting the name out there, but there is no record of this man ever being involved with the SEAL's. If we have total confirmation, his name is going all over here
    "Doc, can you check out this thing I got?"
    -Every Marine, ever.

Feedback Score
    TampaM4....real curious to here who that guy is...and I know I can get it verified...

djegators, did you wind up getting anything or will they remember the "longhorn guy" as a bad thing!!! LOL!!!

@ University, you have Charlie and "Bob"...both good guy's although University in not perfect. I can tell you that this is a sellers market on guns. You know SS "knows" that there prices are astronomical, but you know...they get it, how, I don't know, but they do...but like anywhere, they do work with customers that they know.

I know that the main owner of all of the Shoot Straights has his prices high, but at the show, will drop them down to where it looks like you are getting a hell of a deal...AGAIN, all these dealers have BIG TICKETS on gun's cause they can right now...

HELL...Ammo was worse!

Hope you found what you wanted and my "opinion" helped.

Velcro
    "surrounded Hell, Now we can just shoot in every direction" - Chesty Puller

VELCRO

.....but what do I know, I'm just a FK'N Armorer!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ...You know SS "knows" that there prices are astronomical, but you know...they get it, how, I don't know, but they do...but like anywhere, they do work with customers that they know.

I know that the main owner of all of the Shoot Straights has his prices high, but at the show, will drop them down to where it looks like you are getting a hell of a deal...AGAIN, all these dealers have BIG TICKETS on gun's cause they can right now...

HELL...Ammo was worse!
    Kamal gets the sales he does with the prices he charges based on marketing and consumer ignorance. He has a clean store with decent looking employees that wear a uniform of sorts that makes him look like the Macy's of gun shops. Then he advertises on the local TV stations and folks see his huge selection and people go "ohhh". It's all about the marketing

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    TampaM4....real curious to here who that guy is...and I know I can get it verified...

djegators, did you wind up getting anything or will they remember the "longhorn guy" as a bad thing!!! LOL!!! ..they eat in my restaurant, so good thing.

@ University, you have Charlie and "Bob"...both good guy's although University in not perfect. I can tell you that this is a sellers market on guns. You know SS "knows" that there prices are astronomical, but you know...they get it, how, I don't know, but they do...but like anywhere, they do work with customers that they know.

Yep, they will give you deals at the shows, and then can beat pretty much deal you find. But then again, they have like 1/4th of the tables.
    HELL...Ammo was worse!

Hope you found what you wanted and my "opinion" helped.

Velcro

Generally speaking, not necessarily in particular to any of the mentioned dealers, a lot of people complain about prices, but I have found they never even asked for a better price, had to cash in pocket to buy, or did enough research to know what a fair price is.

Feedback Score

Velcro
    PM sent. Keeping it on the DL until confirmed/denied. back on track!
    "Doc, can you check out this thing I got?"
    -Every Marine, ever.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast