Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Vickers Tactical/Blackwater/Grey Group Home Defense AAR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWW View Post
    C4, I don't want to hi-jack a thread involving Mr. Vickers and y'alls class. Maybe sometime in the future you could update the other m@p/rmr thread. Lots of us with "aging" eyes paying attention. Also, what was LAV's take on this. Thanks again Brad
    We discussed the advantages of the red-dot on a pistol at length. I think everyone there agreed the slight chance of washing out in one very specific circumstance was worth the trade off for ruggedness and lack of electronics. I am going to use the dual illuminated RMR instead of the LED I ad planned on.

Larry liked it as well and is going to set up a Glock 17 the same way I believe

Feedback Score
    WWW.SUPERIORFIREARMSLLC.COM
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Former VSM Regional Endorsed Instructor

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No question this was one awesome class. LAV instructing, U.S. Training Center’s world class facilities, super nice weather, and a class full of highly motivated students. What more could you ask for? I had an awesome time to say the least.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    WWW.SUPERIORFIREARMSLLC.COM
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Former VSM Regional Endorsed Instructor

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post
    We discussed the advantages of the red-dot on a pistol at length. I think everyone there agreed the slight chance of washing out in one very specific circumstance was worth the trade off for ruggedness and lack of electronics. I am going to use the dual illuminated RMR instead of the LED I ad planned on.

Larry liked it as well and is going to set up a Glock 17 the same way I believe
    I have an RMR 7moa on order and plan on milling a 4th gen 17 for testing.
    Putting a red dot sight in a pistol in theory seems to be a no brainer knowing the benefits it gives on a carbine. The only hold back for me personally for not getting one in the past was the lack of faith I had in the previous products offered. Now that Trijicon is offering this new RMR with no batteries and quality as high as anything they have ever offered I can't resist. (esp. since Grant let me try his set up out)

This Class was Awesome yet humbling. I wish I had possessed some sort of material I could have educated myself on before doing any of the CQB clearing exercises. Even though I am as comfortable as can be on any range doing any drill I was as lost as a BHO at an NRA convention looking for Sarah Brady.

It was really enlightening to see the importance of holding on to the fundamentals when putting them into action. With the slight stress and heat some of the targets were nothing to brag about in the shoot houses.

I had a great time and hope I get a chance to do some more of this in the future.
    beware of the man with the well worn guns

Feedback Score
    Where was this class posted? I had no idea it was happening! I would have loved to have gone.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It was not posted. It was invite only.
    beware of the man with the well worn guns

Feedback Score

Question

Equipment question...

Is this the famous Blue Force Gear's Plate Carrier with integrated Ten-Speed pouches? If so, how was the experience? BFG products are great for saving weight, and mixing Ten-Speed with a plate carrier makes sense for a number of configurations.

Also, S&S Precision WeaponLink? Very interesting position for placing it, would be nice to see it working with a G36K.

Thanks to all the participants for the great AAR, pictures and videos... hope these kind of opportunities keep going.

Feedback Score
    That guy in the pictures is like a Grey Group poster boy.....like he hangs out in the store almost everyday or something.
    Josh
    (w)910.323.4739
    www.GreyGroupTraining.com

Feedback Score
    LOL, Roger, so a little T&E for you guys, uh? Nice excuse when going around the shop picking all the new stuff

S&S WeaponLink and IFM, Arc'Terix "Baller Ass", BFG Plate Carrier... I'll keep my eyes open for when you post more information about how they performed.

Thanks!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345