Thread: What's the best 223 AR15 pistol out there?

Feedback Score

What's the best 223 AR15 pistol out there?

I'd like to buy another and would like to make sure I buy something good and reliable.

Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    I've got a sig 556pistol. I shot it in its original configuration when i first got it..Also during the time i was waiting for my stamp to convert to sbr..I enjoyed it..It is a piston, and doesnt require the odd looking tube out the back of the upper for the di type ar's..easy to sling and shoot. fairly accurate. i've been pleased with the accuracy and reliability of said gun..10 1/2"barrell...only real draw back is there arent as many after market parts available..

Feedback Score
    Very nice, appears to be a great piece of HW!! Thanks for the suggestion 44ruger.

Feedback Score

The one you build yourself !!

10 1/2 inch LMT 1 in 7 --CMMG Piston--80% Lower finished on Milling machine--Colt LPK--Spikes Tactical Buffer and Tube.

Failure of any mechanical fuction is not an option.
    "PEACE is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"

Feedback Score
    was looking at a bushmaster 97s, but found an olympic arms k23 p A3. was wanting something with somewhat of a cheek rest. anyone got any ideas?? don't really want to hold it as a pistol, just wanting something i could bring in tight to my head or shoulder.

Feedback Score
    Try Rock Rivers 10.5" AR pistol, the buffer tube gives you a nice cheek weld.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a Spike's Pistol and would recommend one. I selected the parts and they put it together (besides the BCG, which I ordered separately). It has a 7.5" LW barrel with a Spike's STAB on it and it hasn't jammed yet. I only have about 200 rounds through it but it works well. If I ever move out of my restrictive county, I'll convert it to a SBR. A fun Toy but it is not my first choice for offense or defense.

I have no idea how to up load pics correctly.... sorry.
    -EDIT-
    "I did some research on uploading images - finally!".
    Last edited by Boogwardo; 01-27-11 at 18:26. Reason: Pic mod..
    Kevin Burger
    Streamlight - National Accts. Manager
    Illuminate. Navigate. Dominate.

Feedback Score
    I love these 5.56 pistols! I don't like having the buffer tube in the back, and these ones have a sling attachment instead :-) http://www.robarm.com/resources/prod...tol/index.aspx

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks nice! Though, I like having the buffer tube to grab a cheek-weld from. Plus, the AR Pistols have "standard" parts if I need a donor.
    Kevin Burger
    Streamlight - National Accts. Manager
    Illuminate. Navigate. Dominate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I built a 7.5" 5.56 using a Rainier SST Ultra Match barrel that has run great. BCM upper receiver and BCG.
    I had 3 double feeds the first time out that were mag related. It's never hiccupped since.
    I also like the fact that it has a small gas port. It doesn't get dirty as quick as the ones I've had with oversized gas ports.
    I've shot it suppressed and unsuppressed.

1/8 barrel.
    Dave
    Last edited by shadow65; 01-27-11 at 16:27.
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing