Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: MY LMT MWS....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Radway Green is quality stuff but by no means match grade ammo.

I will be buying M118 most def. to start out with for bench work and groups....and I have seen results from this CL barrel using it shoot .90'' @ 100.

If you are really into the precision aspect of these MWS's, you should wait til the end of August or so and get the 5R SS
    If they still can't even ship guns ordered from January and February do you really think they will sell barrels next month? Last time I talked to Ryan in sales he said maybe, just maybe by the end of the year. I really want one though too. But I don't think it is going to be for a while.

Feedback Score
    Looks like I'm going to get one and I was wondering what people thought of for good plinking and accurate ammo? First foray into .308 guns.

For cheap ammo I'm seeing that some are magnetic- does that mean that they will eat up steel targets?
    -DAG ammo (it says it is magnetic- or will the jacket eat barrels?)
    -PMC Bronze 147 grain FMJ BT
    -PRVI M80
    -Lake City XM80CS 7.62mm 149 grain FMJ (attracts magnet?)

- PRVI.308 Winchester 168gr HPBT Match
    -XM118CS 175g
    -PRVI 175g Match

-Federal Gold Medal Match .308 168gr Sierra Matchking BTHP (Is this the standard go-to accurate ammo?)

Is that the gamut of ammo? Not really interested in steel case ammo.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 07-20-10 at 19:46.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Another Observation

One obsevation that I had after shooting was it did not get very dirty I know some people would like a Piston version of the gun, but I think its even less advantagous with this 308. It may very well be the fact that you will not shoot as much of the lean and mean 7.62 caliber. Maybe the ammo I shot my second trip was quite clean?

It may just be the koolaid? Whatever it is, chalk one more up for the MWS

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    One obsevation that I had after shooting was it did not get very dirty I know some people would like a Piston version of the gun, but I think its even less advantagous with this 308. It may very well be the fact that you will not shoot as much of the lean and mean 7.62 caliber. Maybe the ammo I shot my second trip was quite clean?

It may just be the koolaid? Whatever it is, chalk one more up for the MWS
    Good stuff, and who gives a bleep what your reasons are when the koolaid tastes that good.

eta...I will never buy anything piston for the future MWS.....I can't see them wasting the time unless they go with a MWS CQB type config. most likely requiring a much shorter chassis.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 07-20-10 at 23:18.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Radway Green is quality stuff but by no means match grade ammo.

I will be buying M118 most def. to start out with for bench work and groups....and I have seen results from this CL barrel using it shoot .90'' @ 100.

If you are really into the precision aspect of these MWS's, you should wait til the end of August or so and get the 5R SS

Where do you get the M118 ammo?

Spooky

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky130 View Post

Spooky
    I think AMMOMAN had some.
    Edit: sold out he will get more soon.
    Last edited by Infidel74; 07-21-10 at 13:48.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky130 View Post

Spooky
    As gent above me said, AMMOMAN is the place to go and it never is out of stock for too long....you just got to hunt it kinda tap t2
    not my auction....
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=180384712

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789