Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Camera Mount for Picatinny Rail

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I love it. I have the same camera and a Joby Gorillia mini tripod. I am going to have to try it out.
    It's not fun to shoot that setup. But you will capture video.

If the camera had another tripod mount on the side, it would open more AR mounting options. But I doubt that the had any Tactical types on the design team.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    The gorillia pod mount will twist and bend to all kinds of crazy angles.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yep. I found 3 ways of getting it onto an AR. The way I settled on in the pic was the most stabile for the camera.

I'd like to set it up facing the shooter to get some cool brass flying video.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=markm;709782]

[/QUOTE

I know I'm probably gonna catch hell for asking but if you shoot right handed, did you try rotating the camera to the left side of the weapon. I can see how it would mess with your cheek wield as is but if it was on the other side. Not sure because I've never had a chance to shoot an ar before. Mostly pistols and a lever action.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w.kyser View Post

I know I'm probably gonna catch hell for asking but if you shoot right handed, did you try rotating the camera to the left side of the weapon. I can see how it would mess with your cheek wield as is but if it was on the other side. Not sure because I've never had a chance to shoot an ar before. Mostly pistols and a lever action.
    If you are right handed and have the stock in your right shoulder, shooting with your right eye, then your left eye (which you should try and keep open) has a wide field of view. Since the right eye is tied up working the sights, your left eye is good for situational awareness.

If you put the camera to the left, you just cluttered up your left eye. Since Mark put it to the right, it doesn't interfere with much since the right eye is busy working the iron sights.

Awesome setup by the way, Mark. I might have to try and rig something similiar before any future classes. The video you posted was much nicer than I had imagined just looking at the pictures. Very impressive.

I apologize if you answered this already, but what kind of camera is that? Is the mount a certain style made for the camera? Were the velcro straps enough to keep it retained to the RE or did you insert anything between the straps and the RE?

I don't know a whole lot or have much experience with video cameras... save a few interesting "dinner and a movie" nights with the wife...... By "dinner" I mean sex and by "movie" I mean I filmed it

Feedback Score
    I don't want to get off track here, but instead of the big bulky camera, has anyone thought about this setup? Just my 2 cents. What do you think??

You take one of these: as recommended by Byron in post #3.

Add one of these Key FOB Cameras:

Take the key and ring off of the FOB. Put velcro on the mount surface and the FOB base. Attach to your rail system, and now you have a low profile video camera that will take up to 90 minutes of video. It plays back through your computer via USB cable.

There are other versions of the Key FOB Camera that have an Mini SD Card in them.... Pull out the card, insert in computer, and view..

Neat, small, compact and will stay secure with the velcro.

Device Specifications:
    - Color CMOS sensor
    - Auto White Balance Adjustment
    - Focus Range: 150mm ~ Infinity
    - Flash Memory: Built in 4GB

Digital Still Camera Specifications:
    - Format: JPEG
    - Image Resolution: 1280x960 (1.2MP)

Digital Video Recorder Specifications:
    - Format: AVI
    - Capture Resolution: 640x480
    - Maximum Recording Time: 60-90 minutes

- Power Source: Internal Rechargeable 280 mAh Battery
    - Dimensions (mm): 50 x 32 x 13

Feedback Score

Picatinny Rail Mounts for cameras

As a matter of fact, there are numerous options for mounting cameras to picatinny rails that don't require duct tape and drilling holes into stocks! Strikemark manufactures a number of different options for different camera systems, such as the GoPro and Contour cameras. We also make a universal mount for any digital camera with the standard 1/4 x 20 thread.

http://strikemark.com/media/photolog...er_display.jpg

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Not kosher to dig up 2 year old thread to pimp your products.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123