Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal SLR106FR

Feedback Score
    Black Gen 2 magazines.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RD_Byrd View Post
    Black Gen 2 magazines.
    I know it sucks that it's not 100% out of the box, but they will take care of you, no question.

They are in the middle of moving their set up right now, so that might delay getting the rifle back to you some.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Sorry to hijack, but since my approval hasn't gone in effect over at the other site above, did everyone who has a SLR106 series have issues with FTF?

I dropped the hammer and put one on order, and would like to know what to look for. Thanks.
    Nemo me impune lacessit

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Snake, you're good to go for AKForum, I just checked.

Basically, some of the 106's need a more pronounced feed ramp into the chamber.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Thanks, Templar.
    Nemo me impune lacessit

Feedback Score
    Shot mine yesterday for the first time. I will report the range results and some photos for my first post there when I get back home in a few days.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisara View Post
    Shot mine yesterday for the first time. I will report the range results and some photos for my first post there when I get back home in a few days.
    Kisara
    How about that range report.

Feedback Score
    I picked mine up today, and it has a chamber that looks like gotm4's, except it's still nice and black, not shiny.

Compared to my WASR10, this rifle is nice.

I've got two Gen1 mags and two Gen2 mags, and a lot of ammo. I can't wait to go shooting on Saturday.
    Nemo me impune lacessit

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MH64 View Post
    Kisara
    How about that range report.
    I'm trying out more types of ammo first, plus a custom VCAS is on the way. I'd like to get more photos before my report. My chamber looks better than the "Before photo" in the other thread, but not as polished as his "After" photo. Glad I don't have to send it back (phew!).

I shot 100rds of Winchester .55gr first, and there were some pretty deep brass shavings on the casing directly opposite of that little dent which is caused by the ejector. This smoothed out as more ammo was fired, and by the end of the 100rds the shavings disappeared.

Next was 100rds of Hornady 75gr "Practice" TAP. So far, only problem was one light primer strike. There was an indentation on the primer, and I reinserted it by hand into the chamber and it fired the 2nd time. There were no shavings or dents at all with the steel cased Hornady.

I'm using five clear Gen 2 mags, which was all I could find in person when I was in Nevada (Citadel). Two fit and release pefect, the other three are pretty tight going in, without the loud positive "click" I get on the first two. The release lever is about half way closed on these three mags. I can file down later, or see if they work themselves in with use (I have no experience with plastic mags). The little 5rd mag that came with the rifle fit and released the best.
    Last edited by Kisara; 07-06-07 at 21:53. Reason: add info

Feedback Score
    I got out to the range and shot mine today (went with a SLR106F since I won't use the rail and will never sell this gun).

I started at 50 yards with the 5 round magazine to check zero. Zero was pretty much on, except I had the strangest malfunction with the 5 round magazine. When I fired the 3rd round, the spent case would fly out along with the 4th round in the magazine, which was live. The gun had fully cycled, since the next trigger pull was "click". I removed the magazine, noted only one round left (the 5th round), and manually cycled the gun to find the chamber empty. On the next 5 round magazine group, the gun did the same thing. On the third attempt, the 4rd round jammed and the bullet got pushed back into the case enough not to shoot.

Lesson learned: the factory 5 round magazine is crap. I guess if I want to hunt with it or something, I'll just load 3 rounds.

Next was with two Gen1 black magazines, and two Gen2 black magazines. The rifle functioned flawlessly. By far, this rifle is very pleasant to shoot, and with just irons, my groups were comparable to my M4 I was function testing mags with. I used 2 mags of 55gr FMJ American Eagle, and 2 mags of 55gr FMJ Monarch (steel cased). I didn't really notice an accuracy difference, although the American Eagle must be a little hotter, since POI was two inches higher than the Monarch.

The boresighter at the factory was dead on at 50 yards. At 100 yards, the shots were a couple inches low and right. 1/2 revolution on the front sight post and 1/4 turn on the front sight tool for the windage drum, and I was shooting almost as well as I do with an iron sighted AR at the same distance.

I noticed that recoil was down and to the left, slightly, and despite a "loudener" -74 brake, the report didn't seem offensive to the other shooters.

Now the gun has 197 rounds through it (2 live rounds were not recovered, 1 round was discarded after being pushed back--all from the crappy 5 round mag). It is well on the way to being one of my favorite guns.
    Nemo me impune lacessit

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast