Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970

Thread: What makes the Knights Armament SR-15 E3 5.56mm rifle such a good rifle?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Brandon Webb said something on the lines that he liked KAC. When they working right. But preferred HK. That being said that was a long time ago he was using there products and things change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    [QUOTE=TurretGunner;1836224]Sell me the taupe then [/QUOTE

It is for sale.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Kyle said he didn't did not like the mk11/ sr25. They are different. SOCOM first received the sr25, they did not do so well, infact they were not liked SOCOM wide. Then came the mk11, not sure of the differences but it was a improvement over the original sr25's. Now you have the m110/ modern new sr25's and they are the proverbial shit.

I have not read Kyles book but I am guessing his experience was with the older sr25 that did not preform well especially in the desert. If memory serves me correctly I believe in order for the guns to run right we had to use a specific type of lube and they were still finicky. (I was never issued the oldschool sr25 but Remeber being told about them from some of my NCO's)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcpull View Post
    Hello,

I was just wondering what makes the Knights Armament SR-15 E3 5.56mm rifle such a good rifle? I have seen a lot of instructors from Magpul, professionals and a lot of Special Operations guys carry them. I was just wondering what makes them stand out so much.

Thanks for the taking the time to respond to my post.
    I recently bit the bullet and purchased one of these. I had basically spent 6 months taking a standard PSA (the good kind with FN 1:7 HBAR) and turning it into my dream rifle.
    VLTOR EMOD
    AXTS 45* Safety
    AR Gold Trigger
    BCM Mod 3 Grip
    BCM Gunfighter CH
    BCM KMR 13"
    BCM VG/rail panels
    SureFire M300 Scout w/ SR7
    KAC Micros
    BE Meyers ASR FH
    (TA33 Acog)

and THEN literally weeks after I'd gotten it just the way I liked it, I bought an SR15 E3 Mod 2 14.5 MLOK from BoltCarrier/Ayan.

I had Ayan pin my Meyers FH for when my Saker gets out of jail. Didn't have a lot of option there since I obviously want to use the Saker on it. Will get into that later.
    So, first thing I did, was take BOTH rifles to the range. Since the Meyers was on the PSA but I got the KAC Flash Hider with the rifle (separate obviously) I threw that on the PSA.
    I took the Acog off, so both rifles were set up the exact same. Iron sights, and surefire scouts on both, for similar weight (other than 1.5" difference on PSA barrel, 16" - which should benefit the psa).

Loaded up a mag, shot 5 through the KAC, 5 through the PSA build. My preconceived notion about the KAC gas system's hype was a "yeah I guess I can tell its softer".
    WRONG>
    I honestly cannot express how blown away I was at the difference. The KAC didn't feel substantially soft when I shot it, but then when i shot the PSA build it felt a good 35-40% more violent (obviously 556 is not violent and I could shoot that PSA well...so thats all to say how soft the KAC truly was). Given I'd (only 5 shots) accustomed to the impulse of the KAC, when I shot the PSA in the same manner i had tremendously more muzzle rise.

The amount of research and development that goes into Knights weapons is beyond compare. And the balance and handling of the rifle show. Not to mention I've seen (unconfirmed) reports on a youtube vid of guys taking same mod 2 to 20k rounds and printing 1.1" 5rd groups at 100. People scoff at the price, KAC has no shortage of haters. But I EASILY hit $2k on my build pre acog, and other than the knights sights, didn't have as high of quality parts, especially in terms of the actual engine (BCG, barrel, gas, receivers - BCM stuff obviously very quality).

Other than the LMT Sopmod stock, which I absolutely love, every single part on the rifle was my by KAC (except maybe upper receiver? not sure). That is not even close to industry norm.

If i'm wrong on anything I've stated please chime in. I am aware I could be, particularly on the details of the last part, but I know regardless the in-house parts is FAR above norm. Regardless to say, I was absolutely blown away with its performance on the first range trip compared to my 2k build (and yes i know it was PSA 'engine' I was running, not BCM/DD etc. but PSA's reputation is very respectable, and the barrel was made by FN. the rest of the parts were mil-spec so not exactly a magnified difference outside of brand and specific QC methods to BCM/DD etc.). The point is, my build was a nice gun and I loved it. The KAC made it feel like a piece of sh*t scrapped together. Honestly. The price tag absolutely is justified.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Wow, 2.5 year old thread, back from the dead...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Wow, 2.5 year old thread, back from the dead...
    I like 1-stop shopping.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    KAC rifles are the best I've owned. These are fighting rifles first and foremost, and while there is a certain level of collectibility and aesthetic awesomeness about them, they are purpose built for a sustained fight. I personally wouldn't classify a KAC gun as 'boutique' or 'high end' like say a Christensen Arms rifle. Sure it might cost more than your average AR, but considering the R&D that goes into these guns, it's clearly function over form. That said, I view KAC guns the same way I view Snap-On tools (and for the record I think LMT is just as good).
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    KAC rifles are the best I've owned. These are fighting rifles first and foremost, and while there is a certain level of collectibility and aesthetic awesomeness about them, they are purpose built for a sustained fight. I personally wouldn't classify a KAC gun as 'boutique' or 'high end' like say a Christensen Arms rifle. Sure it might cost more than your average AR, but considering the R&D that goes into these guns, it's clearly function over form. That said, I view KAC guns the same way I view Snap-On tools (and for the record I think LMT is just as good).
    Word. There is nothing "boutique" about KAC. They sell a quality product. I largely blame the slew of "mediocre" and "cheap" rifle out there. Back in the day, you didn't have choices. You had Colt, that was it. Now you have stuff that ranges from bottom barrel to better than the original. I would agree that something like Christiansen arms is most definitely boutique, where as rifles like LMT, KAC and Larue are just high quality purpose built rifles. The analogy with snap on is spot on.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you take shorter barrel, like 11.5 for example, ( KAC vs BCM) you can easily tell which rifle shot softer.

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970