Thread: (FTF in DFW) Springfield M1911-A1 1st Gen Loaded Mdl. VG-Exc

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

(FTF in DFW) Springfield M1911-A1 1st Gen Loaded Mdl. VG-Exc

Up for sale here we have a used Springfield M1911-A1 First Generation "Loaded" All-Stainless model in .45ACP (purchased new in '01), Serial #N4875XX. It has seen only 700 rounds, but has suffered a few handling marks over the years, as well as a bit of frame scratching from when I was first getting the hang of disassembling/reassembling 1911s (shown in photos). As this is an all-stainless model, I'm sure most if not all of the markings and scratches can be easily fixed by people comfortable with polishing cloths and the like. For me, it was a shooter, not a safe queen, and it is in that condition that I am selling it.

Gun will come in original Springfield bright blue plastic box and with...

EXTRAS:

Magazines: Included with it are seven steel Springfield USGI-style 7 round magazines, only 3 of which have actually been used because reliability was found to be somewhat spotty with all of them in both this gun and my late Dan Wesson Bobtail .45. I have no idea what, if anything, is wrong with them but if the new owner can figure it out, more power to 'em. Also included are 3 Wilson Combat #47D 8-round magazines that have been utterly reliable in this gun, as well as every other 1911 I've used them with.

Grips - The gun originally came with double-diamond checkered Cocobolo grips which I found too aggressive and replaced with hogue 2-piece palm-swell grip panels (shown pictured on gun), both grip sets are included.

Military Surplus USGI Nylon Double-Magazine Pouch - I know it's not much, but I'm including it because... hey, what am I gonna do with it?

Looking to sell this Face to Face in the DFW area for $500 cash, hard up for money so no trades considered on this one unfortunately.

As with all legal gun sales, buyer will have to show TX Driver's License or CHL to purchase.

First "I'll take it" gets it. This gun is listed on multiple forums.

On to the pics:

I had trouble getting the slide stop aligned for reassembly a couple times...

Curious "dimple" in the bushing, it didn't come that way but I have no idea how it picked up this mark.

Note the two piece guide rod.

Fixed black novak sights (rear is drift adjustable). Note that 1st gen Loadeds came with PINNED front sights, it is not dovetailed. If you wish to replace the front sight, you will have to take it to someone who will mill in a dovetail.

External wear on barrel from honest use.

Obligatory clear bore shot.

Everything you see is included (except red shirt used as backdrop).
    Last edited by ChicagoTex; 07-21-10 at 20:24.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Price drop to $500.

This is a great shooter right now, but could also be a great project gun for you 1911-modding types.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    still available.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sold.

(Mods, if there's a way for me to change the prefix could you tell me how? I know you guys usually do it, but I'd like to save you the trouble next time.)
    Last edited by ChicagoTex; 01-20-11 at 15:54.