Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Stippling Thread:Stippled PMAG's & Other Parts, let's see what you got!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Thanks Grant! I just noticed that you are offering this work with some of your weapons. Good to see that! I started doing mostly custom rifle stocks, but I have been doing quite a bit of stipple work on the poly pistols and accessories lately. People are definitely catching on to its benefits.
    There seems to be a need for more stippling based work and are tired of the 4-6 month waits. So we are going to get our feet wet a little and see how it goes.

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    There seems to be a need for more stippling based work and are tired of the 4-6 month waits. So we are going to get our feet wet a little and see how it goes.

C4
    I would love to see a price list on this... I can't seem to find a good textured grip for my 90-Two anywhere. You did such an awesome job on that M&P backstrap, I would probobly send you the grip from my Beretta.

Feedback Score
    Those look nice, I might have to try it with mine.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    We did some MOE HG's and a PMAG.

Whatcha think??

C4

Feedback Score
    The MOE Handguard looks good and should grip pretty well I'm guessing.

Not only is this functional but IMHO I think is looks pretty good on certain pieces.

Good job Grant.

Shawn

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have been massing around with stippling now for a bit, I started off with AR grips, because here in CA when I started 30 round Pmags were tough to get, w had to drive to Reno or buy them as a $30.00 "rebuild kit" but I had a hand full of stock grips. I have done everything form the normal little dots to what I call "Coral" because it looks like coral and it would cut

hell out of your hand if you aren't wearing gloves (its like Velcro with gloves though.) Anyhow I still haven't done any P-mags but I did get up the sack to do my 11-87 a couple months back.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    We did some MOE HG's and a PMAG.

Whatcha think??

C4

[/img]

Very nice Grant. This is what I've been messing around with.

Product Manager at Magpul Industries

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    How long you gents spending on doing one mag? I've got a ton of P-mags, so this exercise would involve a
    serious time commitment. I also question whether this type of mod is going to effect the integrity of the
    mag itself. OTOH, I believe the idea has some merit. There was a post, some time back on TOS about
    cutting sandpaper or emery cloth to the exact panel sizes, and then firmly gluing them in place. Looked
    pretty good too. Perhaps Magpul would do a factory stippled mag for us in the future; can't hurt to
    ask.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by emfourbinator View Post
    I also question whether this type of mod is going to effect the integrity of the
    mag itself.
    The locations of the stippling are not subject to loads that would concerned me. To be honest, I imagine one could cut the areas that are being stippled out completely and the magazine would still be strong enough.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Grant,

Awesome job and great idea of selling these products already stippled when the Brown Santa Claus visits the buyers house! I do have one suggestion on the stippling especially on the MOE handguards. Before putting the heat gun to it make out a border with masking tape about 4-5 layers tall. This helps in knowing ahead of time where your marks will go but more importantly it creates a very nice smooth border. Not trying to tell you what to do with your own business but I did this to my M&P and it looks good. I'll try and post some pics tomorrow if you want them. As always good luck with the business!

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast