Thread: TACM III light w/remote switch questions

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

TACM III light w/remote switch questions

I am on weight loss quest right now (for one of my rifles, not me) and have been taking things off or changing for something lighter on one of my M4 style carbines.
    While digging around in my extra parts and gear I found a TACM III light with a pressure switch that had been on an older M4 style rifle about 8 or 9 years ago that I had forgotten about. The light doesn't weigh a great deal, so I thought I might put it the rifle I placed on a diet and see what happens. I no longer have the delrin / plastic mount that had originally came with, so I'm looking for a mount that would work with it and attach at the front sight base.
    I had been running an older Surefire Millennium model, the one with the H&K -style throw lever and a M73 rail forend, now I've put on a Magpul MOE hand guard and am looking for suggestions on who makes a light weight, inexpensive fsb mount and any information with the TACM III light from those with experience with them.
    Last edited by Beachboy; 07-20-10 at 05:54.

Feedback Score
    You might look at the Midwest Industries FSB light mount. If it needs to be lighter this thread might be of help.
    http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?...highlight=diet

If you don't mind my asking, how do you like the TCM III light? I think you're the first person I've ever heard of who has one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks, SoDak, I appreciate the link to the thread.
    The TACM III doesn't compare to many of today's lights in the uniform quality or density of the projected light, even though the manufacturer claims it produces 105.5 lumens. As I mentioned, I had forgotten about it, having used Sure Fire and Streamlight weapons lights for a while now.
    However, the appeal to me now is its light weight for this project, plus it's already on hand and has a tape switch.
    Here is the company's web address.

http://tacm3.com/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

OAL - size compasion

Here is a photo showing the difference in overall lenght between the TACM III and several 2 cell Surefire lights.
    Last edited by Beachboy; 08-25-13 at 08:11.