Thread: Insights Training Center: Intermediate Defensive Rifle 7/30 to 8/1

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Insights Training Center: Intermediate Defensive Rifle 7/30 to 8/1

We still have a few spots left for IDR at the end of the month. This is truly a one of a kind class. You will have the opportunity to shoot your rifle out to 600 yards as well as moving targets at 200 yards. The CQM portion of the course is dynamic and will push your rifle skills.

GDR is a prereq for the course. If you are interested in IDR and have not take GDR, then contact me directly to see if you qualify for a waiver.

Below are links to ARRs from previous courses.

Thanks,
    Jeff

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=35161
    http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=17527

http://www.insightstraining.com/view...p?courseID=142

Intermediate Defensive Rifle: $600

The intent of this class is two-fold: first, to increase the shooter's abilities at Close Quarters Marksmanship, and second, to make the shooter a total "rifleman" with the ability to shoot to the potential of his rifle.

The single man tactics taught in General Defensive Rifle will be continued and shooters will have opportunities to do live fire single room clearing and "entries" on mock rooms. This will advance to two man tactics. As always, no shooter will be asked to do things they are not capable of - we will challenge you, not break you!

Subjects Covered: For the CQM portion of the course, we will spend significant time in the ranges of 0–50 meters mastering speed and accuracy while using available cover and movement as is required in Urban Combat situations. This portion will be fast moving and the constantly changing drills and environment will challenge the shooter's mental and physical abilities.

The Rifleman portion of the course will be spent examining and testing the shooter's abilities at 100–600 meters. This is a chance to find out what the maximum capabilities of you and your equipment are. Shooters will be able to shoot from a variety of positions and from a rest to find their own abilities.

Training Prerequisites
    Completion of General Defensive Handgun or equivalent, Concealed Weapons Permit or documentation of good character, and completion of General Defensive Rifle within the last 5 years

Equipment Requirements
    Semiautomatic, magazine-fed, iron-sighted rifle with sling; 1500 rounds of ammunition (no steel core ammunition); 3 rifle magazines (minimum); Red-dot or low-powered optics suggested but not required; Handgun with 100 rounds and holster gear; Knee and elbow pads; Hearing and eye protection; Equipment for stable shooting at distance (sandbags, day pack, bipods, etc.); A pad to lie on for distance shooting

Optional Equipment
    Folding chair; Cooler with snacks, lunch, and drinks; Sun hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen
    Insights Training Center
    Tenicor

Feedback Score
    I'll be there. Can't wait!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I had a great time in GDR. I'm trying to swing this class too. Fingers crossed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As of last night, the class is full.
    Insights Training Center
    Tenicor

Feedback Score
    Look forward to the AAR since I can't afford to go this year. I opted to take USD II again this year with my limited training budget since I believe that I am more likely to have to use that skill set, but I will probably take IDR next year since it looks like a great class.
    Last edited by BrianS; 07-20-10 at 18:41.