Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slings for my 590A1?

Feedback Score
    Mojo,
    LOP - Length of Pull: "the measurement, in inches, between the curve of the trigger and the edge of the butt stock". Many shooters naively think that the longer "American" LOP (13" - 13.5") is better. If they were competing at Camp Perry on a one way range they would be correct, but for fighting on a two way range a shorter LOP is preferred so that you can take into account body armor/kit, as well as a more squared up fighting stance. Hogue makes a 12" Youth Short Stock for Mossberg 500s that should work with the 590s. Both Midway and Brownells have them for about $46 each.

S/F

Feedback Score
    Hey, thanks for your suggestions and help FJB. I'll check into that.
    "Most standards are set low to accomodate the bottom feeders of life who lack the personal pride, motivation and determination to rise above the rest." - Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mossberg identifies it's short LOP stock as a "tactical" stock. It's a youth stock, and several guns shipped with it were marked "youth" or "bantam" on the outside.

I put my standard stock on a table saw and cut to fit.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FJB View Post
    Mojo,
    Try a Mesa Tactical Mossberg sling swivel mount that is easily mounted on the rear of the receiver. Then if you have a sling loop on the magazine tube you can easily use a VT two point sling. Three point slings on a slide action shot gun (or any long gun IMHO) will only frustrate you.S/F
    +1 on that! I personally use the Blue Force Gear Sling with mounts on my M4, and 870. Both have QD latches to dump the gun if needed without having to get it over your body while it catches every little thing.

Tack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12